Military families?

Old 10-27-2010, 02:08 PM

Hi all my luv an prays to you and your kids are they headed to the gtant litterbox? Bad enough one but two OMG I could not stand it All my luv to you and yours who sit waiting something you are brave too don't forget Luv aunt Patti
Old 10-27-2010, 03:05 PM

My husband deployed to Iraq for 15months. He is currently home with us now but we PCS (move) in a few months. Once he gets to his new unit he will probably be headed overseas again soon.

Thank you for supporting our troops!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Power Poster

We have a 22 YO Grandson heading to Iraq, 2nd time, Father of a DD turning 3 in about 3 weeks and a newborn DD a couple of weeks old. We worry but DGDIL keeps us posted on how he is. They will be living in Alaska after he gets back, she doesn't like the heat and humidity down in lower 48.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:09 PM

My dad was a POW in WWII, my husband retired with 27 years in the Army. I had 8 years and our son is in Afghanistan now, but due home on Nov. 20th. We pary that all the troops come home safe and sound.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:33 PM

I'm a wife of a retired air force hubby. Thank God he is retired and doesn't have to go to the mess over there. I really feel for the family left behind, it's tough!!!! My husband had two tours in Viet Nam, each one a year long. We didn't have the phone service,e-mails or the web cams they have today---which I think is wonderful that they have these cuz the tours get very long. I pray for all of them and their safe return.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:22 PM

I am teary eyed, as I read these posts. My son 23 recently finished Navy bootcamp and unless plans change, starts his first assignment on a destroyer out of Norfolk. I am a total newbie to this whole military thing and am filled with so many emotions. If they all welled up at once, I'm sure I would explode.

Ladies and gents... please, please, please thank your loved ones for what they do! It is greatly appreciated and respected!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:23 PM

Worked on a quilt while my son was in boot camp... will post pics soon.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Banned

Nephew back wounded two years ago and daughter going out for her 3rd tour around Thanksgiving time!
Old 08-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pawebdoctor
I am teary eyed, as I read these posts. My son 23 recently finished Navy bootcamp and unless plans change, starts his first assignment on a destroyer out of Norfolk. I am a total newbie to this whole military thing and am filled with so many emotions. If they all welled up at once, I'm sure I would explode.

Ladies and gents... please, please, please thank your loved ones for what they do! It is greatly appreciated and respected!
He will be fine...
If you have questions, need hugs, you name it...PM me..been military ALL of my life..daughter, wife, mother, Sis-in-law, auntie you name it..we are a LARGE military family!
Old 08-09-2011, 06:54 PM

pawebdoctor - also a large military family here...son currently deployed (Air Force,) daughter (Navy) headed out on her second deployment in December. Display your blue star with pride! And, tell him congratulations from another Navy mom!!!