Mouse saga continues!!!

Old 11-08-2009, 12:26 AM

My cat seems to think if they are in the house they are just another pet to be played with.

My girlfriend's cat catches them and takes them to her Yorkie who kills
them. She about had a panic attack the other nite when all of a sudden the cat jumped in bed with her and laid something beside her head. She wanted to scream but very quickly vacated the bed and turned the light on. It was a mouse alright but just his pink stuffed one!
Old 11-08-2009, 12:26 AM

My cat seems to think if they are in the house they are just another pet to be played with.

My girlfriend's cat catches them and takes them to her Yorkie who kills
them. She about had a panic attack the other nite when all of a sudden the cat jumped in bed with her and laid something beside her head. She wanted to scream but very quickly vacated the bed and turned the light on. It was a mouse alright but just his pink stuffed one!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
We used peanut butter and that is what caught the rats, they could not get the peanut butter off easily!
Yep - peanutbutter works like a charm.

Did you check out electronic mouse traps?
Is this a robotic mouse? No kin to me :lol:
It's true, we meeces love peanut butter. :mrgreen:
Old 11-09-2009, 05:43 AM

PEANUT BUTTER CAN EASILY BE REMOVED BY THE MICE. MY MOUSE DID IT 3 TIMES. PUTTING IT ON A PIECE OF APPLE WITH THE SKIN ON WORKS BETTER. THE MOUSE HAS TO PULL ON THE APPLE SKIN, AND THEREFORE SETTING OFF THE TRAP WITH HIM IN IT.
I HAVE SINCE PUT UP ELECTRONIC CRITTER DEVISES, AND DON'T KNOW IF THEY WILL KEEP CRITTERS AWAY. TIME WILL TELL. THE ONLY THING THAT BOTHERS ME IS THE FLASHING RED LIGHT. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sandy1951
Poor mousey.

(Hee, hee...just kidding!)
hmmm...are we talking about Harriswhippets, varmint or....???? :lol:

sorry, but harriswhippets...how in the world did you come up with a nickname like that? LOL! there's part of your problem. Them meeces ain't taking you seriously.
Listen, there are a few bad apples in every barrel :roll:
...no kin of mine. not that I claim, anyway! :lol:
Old 11-09-2009, 09:20 PM

Now let me tell you a story about cats. They love to hunt and they love to give their owners gifts. So, I'm sleeping, and our cat jumps on the bed and makes this funny "grrowing" sound. I tell her shut up and go to sleep---she runs to the top of the bed between the head board and my pillow....and shortly I can feel this movement under my pillow so I reach up and tap her head and say stop. And it continues...so I reach under the pillow and grab her foot...to stop her----only to realize she's BESIDE the pillow staring at me. I slowly withdraw my hand...holding on to her foot---NOT---she had brought me a mouse!!!!! And I had the mouse in my hand....OOOOOOOOOO---up out of bed, dance a short jig and throw the mouse against the wall...so it can hit the floor---running. To have the cat (dear sweet 17 year old Cinders, God rest her soul) catch it again about 3 hours later---and deliver it to me again. At 4 a.m. I was up.........out of the bedroom, closed the door and waited till hubby came home at 7...never found the darn mouse!!!!!! and Cinders made a b-line to the litter box!!! So much for cats!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Power Poster

can you imagine how terrified a mouse would be with these creatures thousands of times larger chasing him?
Old 11-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

So how goes your mouse saga??? Have you caught the little varmit yet?
Old 11-10-2009, 10:08 AM

Hi guys, been very busy in the sweat shop(quilt room) trying to get everything dune before I have to break down for the holidays, Lots of company coming. Have bought real traps, and everyday have used, peanut butter, chocolate, slim jims, apples w/ peanut butter, ect, ect. Today the exterminator came and set out glue traps. He's been here long enough to be a tax deduction. Again I wouldn't mind if he were housebroken, but he is leaving his scent and it really stinks and I'm using a lot of bleach. He won't go near the traps and everymorning he leaves me tell tale signs he is still here. We shall see tomorrow. The nickname is the name of the picture hence the harrishwhippets. And I do not think the mouse is afraid of them, certainly not bothering him. He ran past the both of them to get in the house, brave little soul. It's a shame but he can call in his buddies if he finds a trail out, he leaves a scent for them to follow. OH GREAT. Finishing up my daughters baby blanket today and trying to finish DH's Christmas quilt on the sly, hopefully Sunday. Thanks for the posts, nothing new. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:11 AM

I really have to say Mrsjdt, that is the best story I have ever heard, kinda glad I don't have a cat :lol: