Mouse saga continues!!!

Old 11-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Power Poster

Totally off-topic but our donkey, Jackson, was jonesing for dogfood. If I really needed him to go in the field, all I had to do was shake some kibble in a can and boy - did he come running. (He liked French Fries too - don't ask)

I cracked up when I read the list of things you tried. Holy Moly what a smorgas board.

RIP little rogue mousie.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by harrishwhippets
Really sorry about your house guest. I can not believe how much they drop. None anywhere this morning. Spent the whole morning cleaning the Kitchen top to bottom, now I feel better. I just did not want any of my real house guests seeing any little surprises around.
Where in Ohio are you?? I was born and raised in Elyria, Ohio. We moved here in 85.
Keep me informed about your guest, anxious to see how the cats do. Can you believe after all the stuff I baited with, it was the bloody dog food that got him. It must be tastey. They say it's human consumption dog food, but never gave it a try. :lol:
The cats haven't paid any more attention to the cabinet today, but I still think there must have been a visitor there this morning. It's too cluttered to see any droppings :oops: , so I'll have to clean it out to find them. Usually mice head for the silverware drawer, although I'm not sure why. Gross, huh? So far there's nothing in the drawer, thank goodness.

We live in Loudonville, which is halfway between Cleveland and Columbus, near Mohican State Park and Forest. I used to work at Judson Hills Baptist Camp and Conference Center and we had a lot of campers from Elyria. Unfortunately, I can't remember any names; it's either been too long ago or I'm just too forgetful. Elyria is in the snow belt, isn't it? I'm sure you don't miss that!

That's so funny about the dog food. My DH handles the mouse catching chores here (except when the cats get them). He has good luck with cheese or peanut butter; I don't think he's ever had to use anything else. You definitely had a finicky mouse! :lol:
Old 11-12-2009, 06:14 PM

Beautiful area there, stayed at Mohican once in the fall, beautiful. Elyria was more of a rust belt, most of the snow was to the east of us. Still don't miss it. If we lived around where you are we might have stayed. Our area was really depressed many years ago, heard it's worse. Had only steel mills, GM and a Ford factory in Lorain, they all closed.
Keep me us informed with the house guest, maybe when he saw all the cats, he made a run for it. Just like the one in your post. :D
Old 11-12-2009, 06:58 PM

Dad always uses peanut butter. A couple years back when we had that peanut butter recall they found they has a jar at the house. Now he saves that for the mice. If it don't get 'em now, it'll get 'em later.