Must be a new phone scam.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by sylviasmom View Post
I was getting calls as early as 6 am with a little bleep when I answered. If no one answers my one time hello, I hang up. But there was just too many calls. The operator told me I could block these calls by pressing *60, then hanging up. So any unknown, nuisance callers get the *60 treatment.
Thanks for the info. I will certainly try this!
Old 06-25-2017, 03:42 AM

It gets even funnier when you see your own number calling you on your Caller I.D. screen. Yes, they now seem to be able to route their number thru your's. Got rid of my landline back in February and went strictly with my cell phone which I rarely used. Its on the "No Call" list too and so far I haven't got too many spam calls yet. If I don't know who's calling I don't answer it. I figure if the person really wants to talk to me they'll leave a message and I'll call them back then. Saves me wasted minutes as I have only so many minutes to use for the year right now on this plan. Next year I might go to an unlimitless plan.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:29 AM

We are getting lots of strange calls. Some show up as a company we use a lot, but they are Spam. We don't really want to answer a call unless it shows up someone we know or do business with. But just like my second sentence says, that is not always the way it turns out on the caller i.d. I don't think there is an easy answer, as there are so many ways the phones are messed up on purpose.
Mariah