Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My Cat likes to Sew (harass me) >

My Cat likes to Sew (harass me)

My Cat likes to Sew (harass me)

Old 07-09-2010, 05:32 AM

I was having the same problem this morning at the computer. Yum Yum kept inching her way closer until she was completely laying across both my arms. Makes it kinda hard to type. They dont bother me much when I am sewing because I sew on the kitchen table. The one surface in the house they know they are not allowed on. When I lay out my blocks it is a different story.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:34 AM
Power Poster

Yup, i think its a cat thing, mine we call the quilting kitty. he helps all the time, will sit beside the machine and reach out to help (pull) the fabric coming out the back...holds my ruler, protects the ironing board...checks to make sure i load things up right when i'm going to quilt...he also has very definite tastes...he loves red...i have made a couple quilts he has wanted nothing at all to do with, will not give them even a nod, others it's next to impossible to work on with out his constant 'interference'. some have been so (his) that i have to take them to work and work on them during breaks because i cant get anything done at home...it doesnt' work to try to shut him out he can reach the door nobs, and comes in anyway. i have always been (a dog person) never owned a cat before (my son had bad allergies growing up) so life with a cat has been new and different these past 3 years...cats are sure funny creatures! very entertaining...some days i know he just doesn't want me to sew...i have learned when it's 'his time' and when i can have some time...if i'm working on something he doesnt' like i can get lots done ;)
Old 07-09-2010, 05:41 AM

That first picture is HI-larious! Seriously....OMG funny!
Old 07-09-2010, 05:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ckcowl
Yup, i think its a cat thing, mine we call the quilting kitty. he helps all the time, will sit beside the machine and reach out to help (pull) the fabric coming out the back...holds my ruler, protects the ironing board...checks to make sure i load things up right when i'm going to quilt...he also has very definite tastes...he loves red...i have made a couple quilts he has wanted nothing at all to do with, will not give them even a nod, others it's next to impossible to work on with out his constant 'interference'. some have been so (his) that i have to take them to work and work on them during breaks because i cant get anything done at home...it doesnt' work to try to shut him out he can reach the door nobs, and comes in anyway. i have always been (a dog person) never owned a cat before (my son had bad allergies growing up) so life with a cat has been new and different these past 3 years...cats are sure funny creatures! very entertaining...some days i know he just doesn't want me to sew...i have learned when it's 'his time' and when i can have some time...if i'm working on something he doesnt' like i can get lots done ;)
hahaha you're learning fast!!! LOL :D
Old 07-09-2010, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
My sister's cats won't let her do crossword puzzles. They sit their big butts right on the paper. I could go on and on.......... LOL
My dear sweet departed Polly expected to be held if there was anyone in the house. Heaven forbid you tried to read a magazine if she was around. She'd get between you and the paper and batt if right out of your hands.

With the four I have now, there are five.... yes, five kitty beds in my sewing room! Some under lamps, one in front of the window, etc. Let's me get things done until they think its dinner time. If it's not 4pm yet, I tell them it's "too early! check the clock!" :-)
Old 07-09-2010, 05:50 AM

Too much closeness sometimes.....hahahaha :lol:
Old 07-09-2010, 05:50 AM

This picture is wayyyyy to funny....love it. Kitty just wants to "Make" sure you are puuuuurfect sewing LOL
Old 07-09-2010, 05:51 AM

Dogs at my feet the cat on my lap(or in the chair besid me)
Old 07-09-2010, 05:56 AM

Here is my dh ironing some child apron straps for me with a little help from Willie! Not as invasive as your kitty, but cute!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-80088.jpe  
Old 07-09-2010, 06:03 AM

The pictures are too funny!

We don't have a cat, but our dog, Lady, a Boston Terrier likes to lay on the rug that I have under my sewing chair. She lays within inches of the rolling feet so that when I move the chair to stand up I have accidentally rolled over one of her paws. But it doesn't stop her...she lays there the next time, too.

I even went and bought her a bed and put her favorite quilt on it. I placed it underneath my sewing table so she could lay near me...but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...she has never once gone on the bed. LOL