Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My dog barks and growls while sleeping does yours? >

My dog barks and growls while sleeping does yours?

My dog barks and growls while sleeping does yours?

Old 02-16-2010, 08:28 AM

Both of mine whimper, run, wag tails. Coco, on the left, sometimes cries so much we have to gently wake him to calm him down.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:25 AM

I have two beagles. One sleeps like a log, but she is the main household barker, so is usually very tired. The other will growl, wag her tail, shiver, and even howl in her sleep. Funny thing is she never howls when she's awake!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Google Goddess

Hubby and I had to go to grocery store today and run errands and when we got him our shih tzu male dog heard the door and started crying. He is so spoiled. I took him outside to potty and he played in the snow, like a snow plow, so funny and came in and was cold. So I have to take him to bathroom and dry him off with towel and use a hair dryer on him. Do you think he is spoiled.

Karen
Old 02-16-2010, 05:36 PM

I have a 9 year old shih tzu and she burps after she eats. She also barks and wags her tail when sleeping. Her name is Phoebe and was given to me by my daughter. She would eat all day if you let her. If I dont give her something she goes to my husband. She is sleeping by my feet right now.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:08 PM

I have 11 dogs of assorted sizes, and my room mate has one,,room mate's dog is part daucshund/beagle/chihuaha,,I have an English Black Lab who jerks, runs and growls in his sleep,I have a Boston Terr/chihuahua who bites me in the butt when I come home after a long absence,,lol,,as a matter of fact she bit me by accident while trying to bite one of my black lab/blue healer girls,,lol,,Lacy was trying to horn in on Bryanna's back scratching session with me,,lol,,aren't fur babies fun?,,lol I also have a 7 yr old cat who loves laying on my face at nite,,lol
Old 02-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

My rottweiler used to do that. He also started snoring when he was just 7 months old.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Power Poster

I have two toy poodles, one use to be more hyper, other laid back. The one hyper makes noises and sometimes makes little barking noisies when she sleeps and has for several years, laid back one never has. They are now 15 years old and hyper is about over.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Power Poster

my little dog doesn't bark or growl but she murmurs like she is talking and definitely dreaming. I was concerned at first, but since she doesn't seem sad, now it just sounds funny.
She's a very smart, obedient girl and pretty much has a happy life. It's like we had a fourth child...well, she is the best behaved of the bunch. :XD:
Old 02-17-2010, 03:01 PM

Oh my gosh,,my Koby (my huge black lab) snores worse than I do,,lolol
Old 02-18-2010, 10:00 AM

We have had Shih Tzu's since 1981, they are great dogs. We would breed them every once in awhile so we could keep the same blood line. Our older one " Gabby " is 6, we have tried to breed her twice but with no luck. Last Oct. we bought a black male "you can not see him at night". Before when we would introduce a new dog it would take the older dog about 2 weeks before they would like it. Gabby hated Gus for 3 months. But now they are having a ball together. Shih Tzu's are great with kids, love them. Deenie