Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My dog barks and growls while sleeping does yours? >

My dog barks and growls while sleeping does yours?

My dog barks and growls while sleeping does yours?

Old 02-18-2010, 12:12 PM

We have a 13-1/2 year old Shi Tzu. As she ages, she becomes more and more interested in just her 2 favorites things, sleep and food. She has the run of the house and loves to curl up on the couch or in whichever recliner is otherwise unoccupied. A few weeks ago, we replaced my husband's broken recliner with a motorized one that, with the push of a button, goes almost horizontal or almost vertical. Even when it's in the upright position, she cannot jump into it. It took her about 2 weeks to realize that every time she tries to jump into it, she ends up being flung back onto the floor. It's very rude of me, I know, but I found it quite funny. She whimpers in her sleep sometimes (very rarely) and we nudge her awake, but that's all ... no growling, etc.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:36 PM

Mine runs in his sleep, 50 mph at least. When he first arrived I thought he was having a seizure but nope, dreaming of chasing bunnies I guess. His picture is my Avatar and he's a Borzoi, also known as Russian Wolfhound.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:00 PM

Do our pets dream? I think so.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:49 PM

Well ladies, I have 5 dogs, but only one of them who is my funny sleeper. He's a mini dachshund Dieter he has to sleep in a fleece bag I made for him. I had a guy come to the house to do some work on our pellet stove and he started laughing so I had to see what he thought was funny. He says I have never seen a dog sleeping in a sleeping bag. I told him it either that or I find him in the leg of my jeans if I leave them on the floor or bed and then I have to help him out because he's stuck. He still likes to be in the same room as me so the bag comes along only time he's out of it is when me go out side. Plus he's only my dog he won't go anywhere with hubby.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:51 PM

yea, I think dogs dream,,,that's why they are "chasing rabbits" or running thru the fields,,(or running from toenail trimming day,,lol),,my koby runs, and growls in his sleep, and snores! Lord! he snores! and when I "allow" him on my bed, he's not only a pillow hog, he's a bed hog,,lol,,Koby is an English black lab,,they are larger than the American Black labs,,my Koby weighs in at about 120 pounds,,American Blk labs are around 80. I'm the crazy one with 11 dogs and 7 cats,,and my room mate has ONE dog,,lol :shock:
Old 02-18-2010, 01:58 PM

That's funny,,,I love all my fur babies,,,even my room mate's dog,,and that dog does NOT like me unless I'm eating,,lol,,he won't let me in my room mate's bdrm,,I'm lucky to be allowed to open the door,,lol,,This dog,,Homey, is dauchsund/beagle/chihuahua,,and he intimidates the 2 great dane(?)/shepherd(?) mix I rescued off the street last summer,,it's funny..but kinda sad cuz they are still so timid.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:01 PM

We have a black lab/border collie/bulldog mix (dad was full black lab and the mom was half border collie and bulldog). My brother picked out his name: My dad has a chocolate lab named Leonard so my brother thought it'd be genius our dog "Skynard"...get it?

He's a smaller dog, but he's all muscle so when he jumps on me he almost knocks me over. Our neighbors have a German shepard (Homer) and a blue heeler (Lady) and he's always hanging with them. Skynard and Lady kind of have a thing for each other. He gets along with Homer really well, but sometimes they'll be in competition with each and we'll see them peeing on literally every tree in the yard (and we live a mile out of town in the woods). If we forget to bring him in at night you can bet we'll be hearing him bark at coyotes (or anything else out there) while we try to sleep (or in my case, playing video games and planning out the garden).

The little stinker's outside sitting right outside the garage like soldier. My guess is he took all the dog's toys (his, Homer's and Lady's) and now he's guarding them. He likes to do that sometimes. Almost as much as chasing cars as they pull out of the driveway (wouldn't be so bad if the highway wasn't at the end of said driveway and he likes to follow you all the way to the end of the driveway...sometimes even further than that). lol.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:39 PM

I ALSO HAVE A SHI SHU AND SHE IS 12. SHE BARKS IN HER SLEEP AND IT IS HARD TO WAKE HER. SHE NEVER BARKS IN THE HOUSE UNLESS WE LEAVE HER IN THE BASEMENT AND SHE WANT IN. SHE IS THE MOST LOVING THING SHE IS OUR TRAVELING COMPANION WE WERE GONE ON VACATION FOR 3 WEEKS AND SHE WAS REALLY GLAD TO GET HOME SO WERE WE.WE TAKE HER EVERYWHERE WITH US.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:20 PM

I have 2 adorable yorkies, and they yip and growl in their sleep. My DH says they are dreaming. LOL
Old 02-18-2010, 05:37 PM

I don't have any dogs. Love them but don't have any. I do have a CAT then snores louder then my husband! One night I was SSOO tired but when I went to bed the cat was snoring and I got to laughing so hard I couldn't get to sleep. And I think that all animals dream. Just what we'll never know!! :))