Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My dog barks and growls while sleeping does yours? >

My dog barks and growls while sleeping does yours?

My dog barks and growls while sleeping does yours?

Old 02-19-2010, 11:08 AM

As you can see to the left, I have a French Bulldog. He's a snorer. Sometimes however, he has slept quietly. I'm not sure what the trick is to make that happen more often. He's so sweet and patient. He patiently waits for me to finish sewing "pretty soon". He even patiently waits when I've finished and realize there's some ripping out and restitching to do. He's my sweetheart.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by sidskid
I have two mini doxies and they are very different in looks and temperment. Bella, aka Meathead, is a long hair blue dapple. Chloe, aka Princess, is an Isabella fawn. Their nicknames pretty much discribe their personalities.
Your dogs are ADORABLE!!!! I love theirs eyes and their coloring.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 02-19-2010, 09:44 PM
GMA

I have a bichon who doesn't sleep on the bed but does in his crate - door open - if it's cooler at nite he'll hop on the bed on hubbies side and share a pillow till morning - no snoring.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
We have a shih tzu male dog named Felix who will be 7 years old on April 22, 2010. We got him March 15, 2009 from a couple that was not able to take care of him. They told us that he was not a lap dog. Wrong, he loves sitting on our lap. He also gets ice cream on top of his dog food. When we got him he had 2 spots on his eyes, but now they are almost gone. He eats Iams dog food!

Also when he is sleeping he barks and growls in his sleep. It is so funny! He is barking now in his sleep while I am on this computer.

Also I play hide and seek from him, it is so funny! He cries if he can't find me!!! Do you think he is spoiled!

Also what type of dogs do you have and love to see photos!

Karen " Craftybear" Indiana, USA
I used to have a dog that did that.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:55 PM

No, but my husband does!! Only kidding, its natural, their minds are still going when they sleep, just like us dreaming. N. from N.J.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:31 PM

my little terrier mix sleeps with me and she starts snoring and i shake her to quit snoring since she wakes me and after I wake her she rolls over and does this sigh noise like how dare you..
my lab sleeps beside my bed and he'll be chasing those nasty little squirrles that get in his yard in the daytime and he goes wild in his sleep..I love it when he jumps up and looks around like what happened??
Old 02-21-2010, 04:53 AM

Is there any dog better than a lab? We had them for years and even one litter. We had Polo 1, then Polo 2, then Bisque, then Sammy, every one of our labs lived 15-17 years, and thats old for labs. We retired this year and are looking now for another lab puppy. Very smart, very protective and they all loved children. Thank you for your reply. Grum/Bisque!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:36 AM

I have three best friends, a Toy Poodle (rescue) Onyx, a Schnauzer/Jack Russell (fortunately more Schnauzer than Jack)Macha, and a Siamese (rescue) Kali-Ma. Onyx is the perfect little gentleman when he is sleeping. Macha on the other hand, wimpers, grumbles, runs and climbs when she is sleeping -- I think that is when the Jack Russell takes over her psyche. I love rescues and am ccurently looking for a Westie or Pyrenian Shepherd to rescue. Ultimately, whatever I find that talks to me, I will rescue. I have rescued two Standard Poodles (brothers), a Black Cocker, and a Saluki, I prefer the smaller breeds -- they take up less room in the bed. The Saluki slept on her side with all four legs stretched toward the middle of the bed. However, when she slept on the sofa, she could curl into the smallest ball. I never could figure out where she put those long legs.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by sidskid
I have two mini doxies and they are very different in looks and temperment. Bella, aka Meathead, is a long hair blue dapple. Chloe, aka Princess, is an Isabella fawn. Their nicknames pretty much discribe their personalities.
Absolutely adorable. I loved the dapple coloring. These are such cool animals with so much personality. Mine (shown above) is very verbal. Sometimes it's cute -- something not so much.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by bisque
Is there any dog better than a lab? We had them for years and even one litter. We had Polo 1, then Polo 2, then Bisque, then Sammy, every one of our labs lived 15-17 years, and thats old for labs. We retired this year and are looking now for another lab puppy. Very smart, very protective and they all loved children. Thank you for your reply. Grum/Bisque!
Labs are awesome dogs and great for families and kids. Our black lab, Pepper, brought me a pigeon she had just caught as a present and was so proud of it !! Thank God I had a leftover steak bone in the frig to swap with her....yuck!!