Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My dog barks and growls while sleeping does yours? >

My dog barks and growls while sleeping does yours?

My dog barks and growls while sleeping does yours?

Old 02-18-2010, 06:02 PM

We actually just got a new dog last Friday. She is a 9.5yr old yellow lab named Lacie Jane. She used to belong to my son's daycare person. Her loss is my gain!! She doesn't get on the bed/furniture, mannered and calm. She just lays down at your feet. At night she sleeps in her dog bed and stays there. The dog she kept is quite the opposite. Not housebroken, no manners, etc. I think we got lucky although she would not be my first choice since I've never been that fond of labs. She just may change my tune..she's quite the good dog!
Old 02-18-2010, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by fluffbug95
We have a Miniature Dashund and i play hide and seek with her. First you have to hid and make a little squeek. She stops dead in her tracks and then bolts to come find you. And half the time she scares the bejebbers out of me!! Its so funny and cute!

Plus, when she wakes up and goes back to sleep she groans.
She also sorta runs in her dreams, she barks, and groans, and wags her tail! I wonder what she is dreaming of. Hmmm. :D
I have a long-hair dachshund and she's just like all the rest..barks, groans, growls, runs in her sleep. She'll be 14 in April but is still pretty healthy and spunky for her age. LOVES hide and seek. Loves to see what we bought when we come home from shopping. Sticks her nose in the bags to find her treats.

Heidi
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12393[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-12393.jpe  
Old 02-18-2010, 07:39 PM

I have two mini doxies and they are very different in looks and temperment. Bella, aka Meathead, is a long hair blue dapple. Chloe, aka Princess, is an Isabella fawn. Their nicknames pretty much discribe their personalities.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-12514.jpe  
Old 02-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Banned

when I had my chihuahuas one of them always had his feet running and would whimper, sometimes I would wake him up because I thought he was haveing a night mare.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:54 AM

That is so funny. I have a female shihtzu ,named Abbey, who turned 4 on Nov. 11 ,2009 .She just started to bark in her sleep. The other night I work up and thought that my husband was singing as he made coffee. I realized that it was Abbey who was singing. LOL She is so spoiled. Our daughters asked what did you and dad talk about before you got Abbey. We told them , you girls.LOL What would we do without our pets?
Old 02-19-2010, 08:50 AM

I got a Rottweiler that puts his nose down in his pan & growls at it & pushes it all over the place. Has been doing this since he was a baby. I think he is kinda off sometimes. His mama had him in the yard & when DD put him with mama she rejected him so we bottle feed him. I think she knew something. He is a good watch dog. Sounds like Hell is coming but wouldn't hurt a fly.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:59 AM

I have a Greyhound, she's alowed to sleep on the bed with us if we're watching t.v or naping on the weekend... sometimes she'll kick so hard in her sleep, it's like being kicked by a mule!
Here's a photo of her laying with 'her' kitty.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-13590.jpe  
Old 02-19-2010, 09:02 AM

My husband wants one like your Bella, but like I said we have 5 dogs right now so he has to wait.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:10 AM

WE RESCUED A GOLDEN LAB LAST MARCH, SHE GROANS AND RUNS IN HER SLEEP, SHE LOVES TO ROLL IN THE SNOW, HAD A GOOD OPPORTUNITY FOR THAT THIS AM. SHE ALSO GETS ICE CREAM, THO ONLY ONCE IN AWHILE. SHE LOVES TO GO TO DAIRY QUEEN FOR A SMALL CONE. WE LOVE HER BEYOND WORDS. SHE IS DEFINITLY SPOILED.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by vjengels
I have a Greyhound, she's alowed to sleep on the bed with us if we're watching t.v or naping on the weekend... sometimes she'll kick so hard in her sleep, it's like being kicked by a mule!
Here's a photo of her laying with 'her' kitty.
LOVE THAT PIC!!!