Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My dog is peeing on my bed! >

My dog is peeing on my bed!

My dog is peeing on my bed!

Old 10-27-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by watterstide
I don't know what is going on with him..is he mad at me or the husband? he is in perfect health...old, but he doesn't pee anywhere else. he can go in and out as he pleases.
this has been going on for a year ,on and off. maybe twice a week or so.
i need to buy a second mattress protector..i have to wait for the one to be washed and dried before i can make the bed again.
i am frustrated.
:thumbdown:

any help/ideas would be greatly appreciate..

oh and caging him will not help, he does it when i am home..!
and i do have another dog..she is a bully to him. she is younger.
i am taking off now to my quilt group..will be back to check later..
I have an 8 yr. old dog, and he is very shy around other dogs. He's also very small and couldn't jump on a bed if he wanted to. I hope he doesn't start forming bad habits.

I did read this while Googling your dog's behavior problem, and here's a link to what I found. Hope it helps. www.fancydogbeds.com/why.shtml
Old 10-27-2010, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by pester
Just a thought, where on the bed is he peeing, one side verse the other. Your side or your husbands. I have heard of male dogs marking on the scent of the human female in relation to hormonal changes of the human. Just a factor to consider.
great thought provoking question! umm..seems like more my side..hmmmm

nope i don't scold the dog, even when potty training..it was all positive reinforcement..! i just got through helping potty train the grandson..same thing..it was the grandma doing the potty dance! lol
i just ordered the "Happy Jack dog diaper fleece band thingy"
http://www.bestdogdiapers.com/

I promise to repot back and will next to check out the link above..although they have thier own beds, in the living room, the sewing room and basement..i think kicking them out of our bed, would be just as traumatic to me as to them! and hey, if the hubby don't mind, i sure don't!

i make cage comforters for the animal shelter, made out of fleece..so you know where my heart is!
Old 10-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Power Poster

Our cat did that when we left her alone for a spell. She did it right in front of us as if to say "I'll show you!" We do not have a door to the bedroom - it's a loft. Hope you find the solution to happy doggydome.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Power Poster

I would say its probably because of the younger dog. Just a thought.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:00 PM

I am so sorry, mine are very hard to bathroom train!!
Old 10-27-2010, 11:57 PM

Watterstide I am sorry this is happening & believe you are on the right track to finding a solution. I give you a huge hug for being understanding & caring. We had a min.Schnauzer & she would sometimes go pee on our DS's bed. Never on any other bed, just his. He loved that girl and we would totally strip the bed at night when he would go to crawl in and find it wet. LOL Finally we figured out that she would be tired and ready to go to sleep in his bed but....he would be gone! So she peed in it. She wanted him to be there to go to bed with her, when she got tired.LOL Demanding little cuss. LOL Had to resort to shutting his door until he went to bed. Problem solved. LOL Maybe this could be the same thing for your little guy? Anxious for you to find out the problem and a solution. Hang in there.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:20 AM

I agree, I think the other dog is the route of your problem. Maybe a vet could give you some ideas as how to deal with it. There is some jealousy or the younger dog would not be bullying. Have they gotten along prior to his rude behavior? Good luck and let us know what you figure out.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by smagruder
I agree, I think the other dog is the route of your problem. Maybe a vet could give you some ideas as how to deal with it. There is some jealousy or the younger dog would not be bullying. Have they gotten along prior to his rude behavior? Good luck and let us know what you figure out.

i rescued her, Chula, when she was a puppy. so when she was little, it was just fine. as she got older, she got more "alpha" to gizmo. the vet told me, to let gizmo in the house first, give giz his food first, followed by chulas. do not let her on my lap..only giz. and a few other things she suggested to tame the "alpha" she was showing. she really doesn't like ANY other animals. Gizmo gets along with other dogs.

i wish "ceasar" could come by and break her of this bad habit. i guess i am not consistant enough..my fault.
this morning, i have my bedroom door closed, and will just have to get up and take them out. no more doggy door use in my bedroom.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:31 AM

My Jack Russell did that for a while when she thought she didn't get enough attention to go out right away.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:35 AM

I can't believe I'm reading this