My early Valentine

Old 01-23-2011, 06:46 PM

What a wonderful Valentine's present!!! What's her name? She is beautiful!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy O.
God Bless you and DH for taking this beautiful girl into your home. I can tell she is in a very special place, especially with your DH sleeping on the couch all night, keeping her company.
I have a cat that I rescued when my daughter was moving and could not take him. That was a year ago. I lost my precious dog Shadow to cancer a year ago and I am really wanting to rescue a small dog next.
to quote Cesar Milan: we don't always get the dog we want, we get the dog that we need (and to add to that quote: that needs us too!). How blessed are you for wanting another rescue, I had made my mind up after my 18 yr poodle died no more animals, then Brie grabbed my finger with her paw, I melted.. She is such a blessing in disguise! Since I couldn't get another poodle as none would be like my beloved sherlock who will forever remain in my heart, along comes Brie ! I wish you the best in finding the dog who needs you in its life !! DH and I have found our precious furbaby to keep us company for years to come and when the time comes to let her go to the Rainbow Bridge , adopt another rescue and enjoy life with it!
They say Vizslas live till they are 14 and older, so we have many years with our "Cheese" girl !! LOL
Old 01-23-2011, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Blanketyblankets
Brie like the cheese !LOL she was already named that ( I wanted to name her Valentine, maybe in time). We found out today that she is a Vizsla, but we don't care what she is as she is our furbaby! Our grands cannot wait to meet her, soon !!
I could not thank my husband enough for getting her, she has been a blessing in disguise ( I think I needed her as much as she needed me !LOL)
Old 01-23-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnc
To me a house without pets is just that, a house not a home. We have a dog and a cat. I would love more but we travel to much.
LOL I hear that one, we do alot of things during the summer and she will fit right in. DH won't let me have a cat (yet!LOL), but Brie will do just fine for now !! I agree a house without pets is just a house not a home filled with love !
Old 01-23-2011, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by WisWis
Lovely dog.Beautiful eyes.
Brie says thanks, but she can't type yet !LOL soon tho .. LOL Her eyes are so full of life and love, I am so glad she found us !!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by NanaInVirginia
In February 2007 I found the most perfect dog ever. He came from a no kill facility in Minnesota and he is so sweet we call him our 75 pound marshmallow. He has only one bad habit - he sheds like a cheap rabbit jacket. And ok, he does makes this whiney nasal whistle sound whenever he thinks I should be in the room watching him sleep instead of doing housework, lol. If someone will tell me how to post a picture I will share.
My daughter used to and maybe still does the rescue for your dog type.. Loved them when she would bring them home to meet us .. they were just couch potatoes and love bugs !! Congratulations on your furbaby !!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lindsey
she looks to be part lab. My doggie has a pink nose now too. Best wishes on your new addition. She sure is cute.
Found out today (sunday) that she is Vizsla so now to do some reading on this dog type !LOL
Old 01-24-2011, 10:58 PM

How's she feeling?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Celeste
How's she feeling?
Much better since the antibiotics, vomiting and anti-diarrehia drugs took affect. Very bland diet (she had a yeast bacterial infection in her intestines), but she loves hot dogs for taking her pills !!LOL
She is a card, she looked all night for DH (he drives truck at night)when I came home from work, she was looking for him all over the place, so I took her to work with me (as we work for the same trucking company)and she jumped into his lap. Mr. I don't think we need a dog, has a dog !LOL
Old 01-26-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Blanketyblankets
Brie as in the cheese, that is the name they gave her at the humane society, I think I want her middle name to be Valentine then gradually start calling her Valentine! Everyone who sees her just fawns over her and her sweet face.