My Elna was stolen

Old 08-05-2011, 07:03 AM

Have you filed a claim with your home owner's insurance? Some of the things might just be covered by that.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:03 AM

Have you filed a claim with your home owner's insurance? Some of the things might just be covered by that.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:08 AM

So sorry to hear about the theft of your machine. Elna is a great brand but I have no information on the model you're looking at. Good luck with the new purchase though.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:32 AM

So sorry you have had to experience this. Unfortunately it is a sign of the times. Everything has to be kept out of sight and under lock and key and still is no guarantee that it will be safe. Hope at least some of your stuff turns up and you can reclaim it.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:48 AM

My sister and I bought the newest Elna Quilting Queen in 2006. I love mine and have had NO problems what so ever and neither has my sis. In fact a friend of mine literally sewed her Kenmore machine to death, and bought the previous model before mine on a close out and loves hers also. My only complaint is that it does not finsh my projects for me. I still have to be there...
Sorry about your losses, and hope you can recover at least the quilts..

Happy shopping and quilitng!
Susan
Old 08-05-2011, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by geckos42
Some of you may remember my post topic "Eastward Bound & looking for great quilt shops". Well, I'm back from my fabulous trip and sad to share that my luggage - containing clothes (for 6 weeks), quilting fabric, the quilt for my grandson (my avatar), gifts, toys, books (for my grandkids), my Dell netbook and worst of all, my ELNA machine - was stolen from my car.

To add insult to injury, I had called the insurance company just days before to increase my deductible from $500 to $1000! :-( My daughter says I was really tempting the gods. :cry:

So (deep breath) I'm in the market for a replacement machine as my stolen one hasn't shown up on eBay or in local pawn shops. I loved my Elna SU air electronic, even though it's 25 years old. However it was a sewing machine and since February, I've become a quilter.

I'm interested in your opinions/feedback on the Elna 6600 (Quilting Queen). I haven't test driven it, but I've looked at it - twice. I know Janome bought out Elna so there may be opinions about the similarities/differences between the two manufacturers.

Thanks in advance for your input,
KARREN
this is why I never, never leave anything in my car I don't want to lose. so sorry for all your loss. hopefully you may get some back.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:17 AM

The Elna should be a 7300 because the Janome similar machine is a 6600. I have the Elna 8300 Quilting Queen Pro and LOVE it. I have been an Elna girl from the beginning (with a short foray into the Kenmore world) and have always been pleased with Elna products. You can use Janome feet and attachments on the 8300 and it is still workhorse of a machine. I've made plenty of quilts on my machine but also made upholstery covers for my parents' handcrafted furniture and am now working on a sheer batiste christening gown. You will not be disappointed in the Elna which gives you a lot of machine for your hard earned dollars.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:45 AM

OMG! I am so sorry. I wonder if they knew what they were getting? Start looking at pawn shops. ebay, craigs list. Hope you can recover some of your things.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:13 AM

I am very sorry you lost all your things. You asked about the Janome 6600, I have had mine for just about 2 years and love it. Made automatic buttonholes for the 1st time yesterday. It's been great for sewing and quilting. I like the extra throat room for machine quilting.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Power Poster

That is awful that your machine and other items were stolen. Unfortunately, we live in a society that is not safe, not like it used to be.