My husband

Old 03-04-2010, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Barb M
Hey everyone. I havent been on at all this week. Last week my husband wasnt feeling well, so we went to the local ER, and they sent him by ambulance to a large trauma hospital. He was having a heart attack. They did an angio on him, and the right side of his heart, the blood flow was completely blocked off, and so they put a stint in. We were so fortunate. The ambulance got him to the trauma hospital in 40 mins, and that was during rush hour. And then he was rushed right into the angio room. They took an hour and a half, and didnt tell me anything all that time. So that was last wed that this happened. I was so glad they didnt have to do heart surgery. My neighbours drove into the city and picked me up and took me home that night, and two other times they drove me in to see my husband. My husband was supposed to go home on saturday, but each day he wasnt well enough to come home, but he finally came home on tuesday, so he was in there for a week. I was really stressed the whole time he was gone. And im just so glad he is home now. He had to stop smoking right there and then, and so i did too. He wasnt able to smoke in the hospital, and i quit cold turkey at home. He's also getting used to eating a heart healthy diet. My husband is very overweight, and i really hope he can get this under control. He seems to be really trying. But we both seem to be on edge and snapping at each other so easy, i dont know why, cus i missed him so much. But i'm just so glad he is home now
I am so happy for you that your husband is home and better. Cutting back on nicotine and changing your diet at the same time is bound to be a little stressful for you both.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:26 PM

Good luck to you both.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:20 PM

So glad he is home & doing well. Congrats onquitting the smoking. You will be so glad you did....after the first few weeks. Best wishes for his speedy recovery.