My little secret....

Old 11-19-2009, 12:05 PM

Congrats Terri! This will be something really special. Identical twins, whooooooooooooo :D Tell her she has to wait until after S.S. cuz you are busy that day....

And just think, Terri will be off the pebble in the middle of the ocean and back on home turf for a little while.....
Old 11-19-2009, 12:22 PM

Terri, I'm so happy for you! I'm totally in love with my one granddaughter, so I cannot imagine what it would be like to have two! Being a grandmother is so wonderful.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:25 PM

How wonderful, My daughter-in-law gave birth to twins they are 3 now, identical boys, Well I also had twins, I know twins come from the mother but what a coincidence, My boys are very independant (33 now) and when my daughter in law was in labor her mother insisted on going into delivery, right there in the hospital my son told everyone who was standing there including his mother-in-law,, you weren't in the room when they were concieved and you won't be in the room when they are born, end of story, hehe well 2 years later when my other son and his wife had their first baby, he just followed in his brothers footsteps, Funny thing is I am so proud of them it just tickles me to know they can speak their mind to their mother-in-laws, especially since they have always been straight with me I would expect nothing less. Congratualtions
Old 11-19-2009, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by nanacarol
How wonderful, My daughter-in-law gave birth to twins they are 3 now, identical boys, Well I also had twins, I know twins come from the mother but what a coincidence, My boys are very independant (33 now) and when my daughter in law was in labor her mother insisted on going into delivery, right there in the hospital my son told everyone who was standing there including his mother-in-law,, you weren't in the room when they were concieved and you won't be in the room when they are born, end of story, hehe well 2 years later when my other son and his wife had their first baby, he just followed in his brothers footsteps, Funny thing is I am so proud of them it just tickles me to know they can speak their mind to their mother-in-laws, especially since they have always been straight with me I would expect nothing less. Congratualtions
Good protection by her man ... I'll bet your daughter fell in love all over again!
I am with you - - I am in my element when my kids can stand up toe to toe with me, look me in the eye, and tell me - - THIS is MY life!
As long <g> as what they are proposing is logical, ethical, and moral ... I am right there with 'em!
Old 11-19-2009, 12:47 PM

Congratulations. Grandchildren are so much fun. But be careful, I ask for one and now we are expecting our 8th grandchild in the spring. Love them all.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:02 PM

Congratulations to you all!!! Grand babies are the best thing in the world.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:21 PM

That is the best line i have ever heard. 'you weren't there....so you won't"
I agree. grannies feel the hurt. i staked my spot out in the waiting room down the hall, listened occasionally from just outside the door. spoke to the daughter now and then to give support, then went and left them to their job. But let me tell you, as soon as that baby was crying, i got as close as i could to him/them. this next time, tho, i would just as soon they called me when it was over. 62, i feel like sleeping thru the nite.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Banned

Congratulations Teri. Grandchildren are the best.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Power Poster

Congratulations....Safe journey and all the best to the new parents.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Power Poster

Congratulations Terri!! Twins are wonderful!! It takes a bit of getting used to picking them up at the same time but they are well worth the extra work!! We have twin grandsons who will be 6 Nov 23. Where has the years gone? I am so excited for you!! What a blessing!! Congrats to your daughter and SIL!!

Do they have names picked out yet? Can't wait to see pictures!!! Safe trip for you and wishes for a safe not too long delivery for your daughter!!!

Is Jan 8? the 40 week date or an early date for twins? I know twins usually don't make it to the end like most singles do. Ours were 4 wks early.