My little secret....

Old 11-19-2009, 07:07 PM

lol, terri, looks like we both posted at the same time -and we both did our homework since we came up with the same answers :)
Old 11-19-2009, 07:11 PM

Oh yeah, I meant to add that identical twins are a fluke anyway...
Fraternal twins tend to 'run' in families on the mother's side, when the mother ovulates and releases two eggs at the same time, one from each ovary and both get fertilized. That is passed from mother to daughter.

That being said, I still made sure my doctor checked REALLY close for twins. Sasha's a twin, and I know it doesn't run on my side but I still had that at the back of my mind...lol!
Old 11-19-2009, 07:13 PM

Well, isn't that just WONDERFUL!
And, I like your DD's attitude ... she apparently was willing to try to do things as "normally" as possible, and I have always felt a bit ... hmmm ... I never really wanted to know either ...
I mean .. since they quit giving me toys for Christmas and my birthdays ... the surprise of boy or girl was the next best thing! LOL
Old 11-19-2009, 07:13 PM

congratulations. enjoy your time with them.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
lol, terri, looks like we both posted at the same time -and we both did our homework since we came up with the same answers :)
Thank you for your link ... I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but after I thank you ... I am going to go watch!
I just think the miracle of life and living is the BEST THING! <wave>

And, Terri!
I always say: When you have a good product, PRODUCE!
apparently, someone else thinks the same way <g>
Old 11-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Power Poster

However the miracle occurred I know you will be so blessed with your twins Terri!! They are so much fun! If you took one of ours out of the room when they were infants the one left would cry. Ours are fraternal.

Every third generation in my dad's family has twins. It goes back several generations. My great grandfather was a twin. and my grandpa had twin cousins. Then my aunt and uncle had twins and one of the twins had twins. That one was unexpected. Then 5 mos after my cousins twins my DIL had our twins. Whether it is passed down on the mother's side or not we have a lot of twins in our family. The funny thing is my cousin's twins and our twins look alot alike. My aunt has mistaken pics of my twins for pics she sent me of their twins. The strange thing is the twin that takes after the mother (both are inlaws) they resemble each other alot as well as the other twin in each case looking like each ones father. My son and my cousin look alot alike so that is not too surprising. My DIL was on steroids as she has crohns. They thought that might have had something to do with it.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:54 PM

I am so happy for you!
Old 11-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Power Poster

Terri after reading that it makes it even more special ! You brought tears to my eyes , of course they are tears of joy . I always felt the sex of the baby didn't matter as long as they were healthy :wink: and it sounds like these will be very healthy :lol:
Old 11-19-2009, 08:51 PM

Terri-Nana, I'm so excited for you. I always said I would have twins, but I never got them! LOL! Congratulations to you and your family! I am thinking they will both be girls. It'll be a nice surprise.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:34 PM

terri, i just caught up with this thread (don't know how i missed it) and how great for you :lol: . but how can this be true when you're only 23 yourself?

what are you hoping for? a matched set or one of each?