my two siberians!

Old 09-29-2011, 09:42 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by girliegirl
My first Husky "Sam" was bigger then a German Shep... A Malamute will never have blue eyes, always brown. If they do, then they have Husky in them.. But still beautiful!
Yes she was bigger then the average GSD at a very lean 97lbs. Most female GSD average around 75. Of course there are some old world shepherds out there but their ideal weight usually tops out at around 87. She was very lean and carried no excess weight. Our female husky only weighed about 65.

She had brown eyes and could reach my shoulders when standing on her hind legs. So I don't think it was husky in her. Maybe it was something else. Who knows she was a shelter girl.

Here is her picture.

Ho'nehe
[ATTACH=CONFIG]264110[/ATTACH]

trying to fit on a too small dog bed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]264111[/ATTACH]

shaved down for summer heat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]264112[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-264057.jpe   attachment-264058.jpe   attachment-264059.jpe  
Old 09-29-2011, 09:59 AM

OMG!! CUTE! am now for sure gonna shave Yeley now.............
Originally Posted by feline fanatic
My first Husky "Sam" was bigger then a German Shep... A Malamute will never have blue eyes, always brown. If they do, then they have Husky in them.. But still beautiful!
Yes she was bigger then the average GSD at a very lean 97lbs. Most female GSD average around 75. Of course there are some old world shepherds out there but their ideal weight usually tops out at around 87. She was very lean and carried no excess weight. Our female husky only weighed about 65.

She had brown eyes and could reach my shoulders when standing on her hind legs. So I don't think it was husky in her. Maybe it was something else. Who knows she was a shelter girl.

Here is her picture.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:01 AM

i see husky in here. I see Yeley in here.......... my Yeley is 80 plus pounds and Furr is only 48!

Here is her picture.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:05 AM

DID YOU SHAVE HER YOURSELF?

Here is her picture.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Power Poster

No, we took her to a groomer for that. Amazing how different she looked shaved down isn't it?
Old 09-29-2011, 10:15 AM

oh but soooo cute!
No, we took her to a groomer for that. Amazing how different she looked shaved down isn't it?
Old 09-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Power Poster

OMG!! CUTE! am now for sure gonna shave Yeley now
Agree .... cute, for sure!

We had a Golden Retriever X Scotch Collie .... talk about matted mess on the farm! First time, we shaved him down iin the spring. And talk about new life to an old dog .... he loved it and was like a crazy idiotic pup!!!! His coat grew back soft and manageable. From then on it was routine every spring, and we got a new puppy.

One thought though .... with it coming into winter your way (and here too), will he be too ccccccccold if you shave him now?
Old 09-29-2011, 10:52 AM

No cause she is a house dog and won't be out in the cold for only a few to peeeeee. she is my old lady......... she's with me al l the time...........
Originally Posted by QuiltE
OMG!! CUTE! am now for sure gonna shave Yeley now
Agree .... cute, for sure!

We had a Golden Retriever X Scotch Collie .... talk about matted mess on the farm! First time, we shaved him down iin the spring. And talk about new life to an old dog .... he loved it and was like a crazy idiotic pup!!!! His coat grew back soft and manageable. From then on it was routine every spring, and we got a new puppy.

One thought though .... with it coming into winter your way (and here too), will he be too ccccccccold if you shave him now?
Old 09-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Power Poster

No cause she is a house dog and won't be out in the cold for only a few to peeeeee. she is my old lady......... she's with me al l the time
Besides ...you could always make her a quilted cover up, if need be!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-29-2011, 02:55 PM

I am allergic to my dogs and cat.. Yeley shreds 24/7 she is a thick underneath. Furr will shed with the slightest temp. change.... Females shred more the male.... Get them used to being brushed or you are in trouble... Furr carries on like i am hurting her... I am planning on shaving Yeley within the next week.. Her back end is needing it. she won't let me brush her butt.... or cut her nails... but get one............

Originally Posted by NauDeeGal
Your girls are beautiful and my favorite breed, tho I have never had one....yet. Everytime I bring up thinking about getting one, I hear that they shed a lot. Do they really shed that much?

Thank you ladies for your responses! Trying to get this one by the fiance still. He doesn't think it would be fair to the dog because we already have 3 cats (self-sufficient for the most part) and we are gone fishing a lot in the summer. I am thinking he would be right. We are gone a lot in the summer. He actually spotted a husky puppy at the marina 2 weekends ago and tried to get me to go look at it. Their were a bunch of kids with the puppy. But I stayed clear of it, cuz I know I would have been really wanting to get one then. BTW, your pups are so beautiful with all their hair or shaved down. I need to look into this more. Are huskies good on a boat or around water? That is my biggest concern at this point.