my two siberians!

Old 09-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by NauDeeGal
Thank you ladies for your responses! Trying to get this one by the fiance still. He doesn't think it would be fair to the dog because we already have 3 cats (self-sufficient for the most part) and we are gone fishing a lot in the summer. I am thinking he would be right. We are gone a lot in the summer. He actually spotted a husky puppy at the marina 2 weekends ago and tried to get me to go look at it. Their were a bunch of kids with the puppy. But I stayed clear of it, cuz I know I would have been really wanting to get one then. BTW, your pups are so beautiful with all their hair or shaved down. I need to look into this more. Are huskies good on a boat or around water? That is my biggest concern at this point.
I can't answer your questions about huskies, water and fishing!

Though how about a water lover retriever or a labrador? Lots of colour choices, though mine would be a golden (either), without a doubt! 2nd would probably be a Chocolate Lab!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:18 PM

Beautiful!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:01 PM

labs are the best in the water! my huskies don't mind the water... until the bar of soap comes out!
Originally Posted by girliegirl
I am allergic to my dogs and cat.. Yeley shreds 24/7 she is a thick underneath. Furr will shed with the slightest temp. change.... Females shred more the male.... Get them used to being brushed or you are in trouble... Furr carries on like i am hurting her... I am planning on shaving Yeley within the next week.. Her back end is needing it. she won't let me brush her butt.... or cut her nails... but get one............

Your girls are beautiful and my favorite breed, tho I have never had one....yet. Everytime I bring up thinking about getting one, I hear that they shed a lot. Do they really shed that much?

Thank you ladies for your responses! Trying to get this one by the fiance still. He doesn't think it would be fair to the dog because we already have 3 cats (self-sufficient for the most part) and we are gone fishing a lot in the summer. I am thinking he would be right. We are gone a lot in the summer. He actually spotted a husky puppy at the marina 2 weekends ago and tried to get me to go look at it. Their were a bunch of kids with the puppy. But I stayed clear of it, cuz I know I would have been really wanting to get one then. BTW, your pups are so beautiful with all their hair or shaved down. I need to look into this more. Are huskies good on a boat or around water? That is my biggest concern at this point.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:09 PM

I am in no way meaning to be disrespectful, but as owner of 5 huskies I don't think the breed is the perfect match for you, especially if you are gone a lot. They NEED exercise & lots of it. They are notorious for destroying household items because they're bored & not properly exercised. This is a breed that has been bred for thousands of years to be a working dog. A huge majority aren't content to be "jobless" & if you don't provide a suitable job, they'll make one of their own (today your couch, tomorrow the ottoman, etc.). Husky folks will tell you that their dogs only shed twice a year... and each session lasts 6 months. It truly takes a whole lotta dedication to training & exercise to have a wonderful house husky. There are other breeds who would be better-suited to your situation, although exercise is imperative to all dogs being on their best behavior. A tired dog is always a good dog!

Your girls are beautiful and my favorite breed, tho I have never had one....yet. Everytime I bring up thinking about getting one, I hear that they shed a lot. Do they really shed that much?
[/quote]

Thank you ladies for your responses! Trying to get this one by the fiance still. He doesn't think it would be fair to the dog because we already have 3 cats (self-sufficient for the most part) and we are gone fishing a lot in the summer. I am thinking he would be right. We are gone a lot in the summer. He actually spotted a husky puppy at the marina 2 weekends ago and tried to get me to go look at it. Their were a bunch of kids with the puppy. But I stayed clear of it, cuz I know I would have been really wanting to get one then. BTW, your pups are so beautiful with all their hair or shaved down. I need to look into this more. Are huskies good on a boat or around water? That is my biggest concern at this point.[/quote]
Old 09-29-2011, 06:19 PM

my huskies are house dogs, they hang out where ever I am.. I don't leave them alone... when i do, i tell them to kennel up and like little soldiers they head for the back room where i put the gate up... Yeley is under my feet as i type..Furr is under my bed... don't ask how she gets under there but she does. If you have no patience, well, think again... I have a fence, a yard with alot of holes in it.. you have to watch where you step, if i fill them in Furr will dig it right back up, she won't even wait til I leave!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:24 PM

Oh my - it's a full-time job to fill-in holes, isn't it!? Yes, very funny as you turn around from filling a hole (feeling satisfied in a job well-done) only to see them re-digging their masterpiece! :) My youngest husky (9 months) has taken a liking to her den under the bed. It's something else to hear/see her wiggle under... then back out of there.

my huskies are house dogs, they hang out where ever I am.. I don't leave them alone... when i do, i tell them to kennel up and like little soldiers they head for the back room where i put the gate up... Yeley is under my feet as i type..Furr is under my bed... don't ask how she gets under there but she does. If you have no patience, well, think again... I have a fence, a yard with alot of holes in it.. you have to watch where you step, if i fill them in Furr will dig it right back up, she won't even wait til I leave!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:33 PM

oh please! the one day I chased her around the yard with the shovel and she loved it cause I was "playing" with her... if she only knew!! lol and the under the bed thing... oy vey, then when she decides to come out in the middle of the night, thats all you hear are her claws on the pergo floor, OMG... want to smack her.. don't think about yelling at her or she will just yell back... Punk dog... don't even think about planting flowers while she is outside.... She won't think twice about taking your only ripe tomato off the vine and eating it either...

Originally Posted by TiltedEars
Oh my - it's a full-time job to fill-in holes, isn't it!? Yes, very funny as you turn around from filling a hole (feeling satisfied in a job well-done) only to see them re-digging their masterpiece! :) My youngest husky (9 months) has taken a liking to her den under the bed. It's something else to hear/see her wiggle under... then back out of there.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:37 PM

My dogs have been eating EVERYTHING from my garden - started with broccoli (sometimes plant & all), then moved to tomatoes (that's on-going), corn, and even a pepper occasionally. They have some vegetarian identity crisis! :) The pup pulls beans right off the plant - lucky for her, she doesn't harm the plant at all...
Old 09-29-2011, 06:41 PM

what is your website?
Originally Posted by TiltedEars
My dogs have been eating EVERYTHING from my garden - started with broccoli (sometimes plant & all), then moved to tomatoes (that's on-going), corn, and even a pepper occasionally. They have some vegetarian identity crisis! :) The pup pulls beans right off the plant - lucky for her, she doesn't harm the plant at all...
Old 09-29-2011, 06:46 PM

Good looking dogs.