Need ideas

Old 11-15-2016, 05:24 AM

I'm making bed pockets for several grandkids. They have 3 pockets and tuck in between the mattress and box spring. Doll clothes for a granddaughter and great granddaughter. Lots of fun!
Old 11-15-2016, 05:37 AM

I put some pretty holiday fabric - fall and then for Christmas - on tea towels with rick rack. Also, already made three travel neck pillows and have more to make. Found a good tutorial from Crafty Gemini:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feGTn58jcBM
just in case anybody is interested or wants to take a peek
Old 11-15-2016, 06:30 AM

Doggramma would you share the name of the book for paper piecing?

Originally Posted by Doggramma View Post
I got the cutest modern paper piecing pattern book. There are pattterns for Hers and His shoe bags. I thought I'd make my daughter and SIL these for Christmas. They do a lot of travelling with nice shoes. And I have a Christmas quilt started (for myself though). That's at the bottom of the priorities.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:37 AM

In the past, I have made microwave bowl holders...big hit, potato bags, not as well received. This year I am making small zip bags that I plan to embroider name and charging cords so it can be used when traveling for holding all their electronic cords. I look forward to making me one too!!! Jenny Doan, from Missouri Star, made a video that I plan to use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehdNBYnFsAw

Last edited by mlt150; 11-15-2016 at 06:55 AM. Reason: forgot a link
Old 11-15-2016, 07:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Beachbaby12 View Post
I put some pretty holiday fabric - fall and then for Christmas - on tea towels with rick rack. Also, already made three travel neck pillows and have more to make. Found a good tutorial from Crafty Gemini:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feGTn58jcBM
just in case anybody is interested or wants to take a peek
This is a good idea since 2 of my grands travel a lot. Thanks!
Old 11-15-2016, 09:29 AM

Oh, lets see! two quilts, for 2 grandchildren, pillow cases for all 4 grandchildren, table runner for a friend, apron for another friend, some micro bowl holders (which I saw on this board....thank you very much!!) a sleeping bag for grandchild, doll clothes.....that is all I can think of right now. I have to get working a little harder and faster. Trying to hold down a full time job and get this all done is a challenge. Hummm, I think I will retire next year....yah!!! I will be checking out others ideas here....never know what else I will decide to put on my list.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:37 AM
Power Poster

I really appreciate everyone's imput!!
Old 11-15-2016, 06:41 PM
Power Poster

Please, don't throw things at me. but I'm pretty much done. I have to make rice crispy treats to give to quilting friends at our luncheon. I am attaching gnomes to each. I'm starting on next year. I will be making aprons. the guys get denim with an embroidery of a kettle bbq with their name on it. Women get pretty fabrics, lines. also, ornaments. I need an idea for ornaments for next year. For my cousin who sings at the White House every year, i got 2 1/2" blank rounds at Michaels. will print out music sheets, tea dye them and put a ribbon on them. I'm open for ideas if anyone has one I haven't done yet.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:38 PM

OK, Lynnie--if you are going to be working MORE than a year ahead on Christmas, we may need to vote you off the island!

I made flannel pants for all--just need to string the elastic in; made a "town" playmat (Northcott panels) for the 2 youngest g-boys; world wall maps (quilted panels) for oldest g-son and DD(hoping they will start to do geography quizzes via email to each other); stuffed animals made from an old quilt for 3 g-boys; and still to make--an ISpy quilt for youngest g-boy that has moved into "big boy" bed this winter.
QuilterPurpleDog--on those bed pockets, do you use velcro or something to keep them from pulling lose from between mattress & box spring? Had thought about those for g-boys cause in bunk beds, but wasn't sure about that.
And I really like the zipper bags for charging cords--will make those for Valentine's or Easter presents.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:42 PM

Lynnie--several of us made an easy ornament for Guild Christmas potluck today--uses 3 strips of 3"x7" fabrics (variety) that you fold like you would a flag (trifold and tucked). We just set with steam iron. Then you arrange the 3 trifolds on top of each other to make a star and use a button and thread to tack them together and voila! 8 of use made 120 in about 2 hours. The gal in charge found it on Pinterest.