Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The new board IS EASIER to use, once you know how...here is why... >

The new board IS EASIER to use, once you know how...here is why...

The new board IS EASIER to use, once you know how...here is why...

Old 11-20-2011, 12:35 PM

I wonder why, at the beginning of the change over, didn't someone give us a list or program or directions as to how to use this new method. I have notes scribbled all over the place where you good people, members have given us suggestions.
Thank you so much for all your information. Without it I would not be able to find anything. Still don't like the change tho.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I have noticed when choosing to read entries (by clicking on them), when I return to the list, there is no change of color whereas in the other format there would be and I have found myself unconsciously clicking on the same entry twice.......just a little thing, but those little things build up.
Geri, That's why using the Archive button is so much nicer. The entries that are actually new are listed first and turn a different color when read. None of those duplications. Give it a try.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:05 PM

I don't like this layout either. It's too cumbersome, so a lot of days I don't even bother to check the board. I certainly wouldn't recommend it either. Sorry to be negative, but it's my honest opinion.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:05 PM

Thanks for posting something postive, I have no problem with the new board.
I would like to see a whining moratoriaum about the new board.
Quilting is full of challenges, surprised that reading a new board produces so many complaints from folks who should be used to challenges.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:59 PM

I tend to agree with BellaBoo, I just feel like it is a chore also to read, some days I don't even bother to get on here and read. Just isn't as interesting anymore.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:25 AM

I think of the different jobs I've had in my life and the changes made during my years working. I think there will always be changes. For some it will appear easier and for others more difficult, UNTILL we work through it. One step at a time. I just hang in there. Learn from people like all of you who share great things.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:59 AM

I'm learning a little each day and things are getting easier. Can't think of anything new to tell. Thanks for the tips posted. I'm going to try using the Archive button and see how I like that.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:01 AM

Thank you so much for that advice! I was wondering how to avoid seeing the same things over and over on the list!
Old 11-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Power Poster

Its your username on the top right banner. Thanks for that nifty tip. I'm enjoying the new board.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Michellesews View Post
Did you know that when you go to What's New, you can just glide your mouse over each message and the small window will come up showing you part of the text? This way, you can see if you really want to open the entire post.
If you click on your email address at the top banner, then look to the left column, you can see everything you posted, everything you have read...etc. It really is easier...once you get the hang of it. I am sure there are other goodies I have not discovered yet, but if you find some, please post!
Michelle
Thanks for the tips. It is such a help when someone does this. Perhaps in time I will get used to this new Board.