Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A new feature I'm considering >

A new feature I'm considering

A new feature I'm considering

Old 01-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

I am fairly new here and this is the best site I have found. It was different when I first joined than it is now and I like it as it is, but, then I am familar with it now. If you go with the new way, then I suppose I will get use to it. Thank You for having such a good place for quilters to come.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Power Poster

I am all for trying it, as long as we don't sacrifice any existing sections to make room.
I don't want to become so big and so cross referenced that i lose contact with other members/friends.
If we can always look them up on the member listing, I could ride the coattails of say, Amma or K3N, till I get the full hang of this virtual thing, just not much of a linear thinker, lol. :wink:
Old 01-14-2010, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Admin
Since the beginning of the new year, we had 472 new user users registered on the board. 230 of those users made at least one post.

That's in 13 days.

It breaks down to around 17 new people (who made at least one post) per day on average. In addition to 19 people per day who haven't yet posted, but can "finally get the courage" to do so at any moment.

82 of those new users made at least 5 posts. Which makes it around 6 new (non-accidental) posters per day on average.

Pretty soon, it will get to a point where so many new threads are started that it would be close to impossible to keep track of things using just the recent topics listing.

So I'm simply exploring the alternatives.

I'm thinking about how things would work 6 months from now, or a year from now.
I find this very interesting. I've been thinking lately that there seem to be a LOT of new users lately, and this shows it's not just my perception.

I think you should just have Loretta build us an index or catalogue system or virtual world to organize our posts. She always has exactly the right link to previous topics and must have an amazing system of bookmarks or search technique. I'm always very impressed :thumbup: Here's my vote!
Old 01-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Power Poster

Well, I had to read it twice, but I believe I understand a bit. I think it would a good idea. Is there a way to do a test drive on it?
Old 01-15-2010, 10:51 AM

great idea!
Old 01-15-2010, 05:20 PM

I'm not sure I understand what exactly is going to be implemented, but I trust the judgement of our Administrator, so I vote yes.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like a plan....thank you Admin.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:18 AM

I joined to learn new things and love this board/site. It sounds interesting and I'm in for whatever/wherever we're going.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:55 AM

First, Admin - I LOVE the new format, and it was easy to get used to it. I think we'll have the same ease with this new idea you have, once we see how it works.

My understanding of it is:
we'll have a new HEADING in the top menu called 'Virtual'.

When we click on 'Virtual' - we'll see a page with topics members have set up, eg Bargello, applique, embroidery machines, Paducah April 2010 Show etc

I was doing fine until Admin said "A GROUP would decide to set up a new topic.' How is that going to happen?

I do think we'll need some kind of filter to avoid having the number of new topics soar quickly into the thousands!

Other than that, I think it's a great idea - I've been frustrated more than once when I've used 'Search' to try to find something I remember from an old thread.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Power Poster

Do we submit ideas for virtual topics to you or one of our Moderators?