Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am serioulsy considering a new.... >

I am serioulsy considering a new....

I am serioulsy considering a new....

Old 06-20-2008, 05:10 PM

pfaff and would love to hear recommendations from you seasoned sisters on the subject please....I looked online but of course they offer everything under the sun but I need to hear from of you that just love your machines and why>>> Thank You so much
Old 06-20-2008, 06:23 PM

Last Christmas I bought myself a Janome Memory Craft 6600 after considerable shopping. This machine can sew better than I can! I love it for these reasons:
- it has the largest available space between the needle/machine (what IS that space called???)
- it has a moveable walking foot
- it has a locking stitch for either beginning or ending sewing
- it will cut thread at the needle
- it has a needle threader
- it is smooth and quiet
- it's extremely easy to use (my 10-year old granddaughter uses it)
- there is a speed regulator
- needle up/down option
As you can see, I could go on and on....
I looked at the Pfaff, too, as my quilting friend recommended it but the Janome came out ahead for me.
They go on sale once a year - worth watching for.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:34 PM

I have a Pfaff 2056 and I love it. The needle up or down has 3 heights (low, med, high). The throat is plenty big I have free motioned one king size and a couple queen size quilts no problem. The walking foot is built in but can be disengaged. I do a fair amount of blanket like top stitching on applique`, does a great job.
My daughter has a Memory Craft 6600 by Janome, she likes it a lot. I'm not sure what a moveable walking foot is though.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:33 PM

I have always wanted a Pfaff. It has the features I would want like lots of decorative stitches as well as being well suited for quilting. I know Loretta has one and loves it. I have a Bernina. Its good but I would love more embroidery stitches and the Pfaff has a slot for a memory card. Hooking the machine up to the computer is not an option as they are in two different rooms. That was one reason I have always wanted a Pfaff.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:43 PM

Thanks for all the input as I was using my featherweight in class today I noticed a friend of mine in the class was using a very quiet machine compared to mine and it was a pfaff...the teacher said she had used a brother for a very long time and had just broke down and bought a Pfaff this past year and it was worth it....I went online like I said before and each one has so much I'm not sure what I wud use and what I would'nt use so the choice it hard...I plan to go to a my quilt shop and study them all the quilt shop I go to the owner is a dealer so I can check out all she has....this will be a very difficult decision I can tell....Loretta I remember in another thread how much you spoke of your Pfaff and how smart it is and all the features it has I really am going to see if I can check that one out Thanks again....
Old 06-23-2008, 06:49 PM

hey good for you, I have a Janome 6600 too and I'm equally in love with it for all the reasons you stated.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:49 AM

I have a 23 year old Janome Memory Craft 7000, I retired it this year. I looked at the Janome 6600P, but I decided to go with Pfaff. I got the Pfaff Performance 2056 and I love it. The IDT feature is awesome not only for quilting, but for piecing as well. :)

Old 06-26-2008, 05:45 PM

The space is called the harp.

Material MiMi
Old 06-26-2008, 08:38 PM

:mrgreen: Well, I learned something else. I too didn't know what that space was called. A harp hummmm. thanks I knew the piece that holds a lamp shade was called a harp but not that that space was too. :shock:
Old 06-26-2008, 09:56 PM

sounds like sweet music to me....new machines...and the space....hummm deee hummmm