New kitty

Old 04-15-2011, 04:41 PM

What a sweet baby. If you want her to be ok in cars take her for little rides, not just to the vet. We had to begin traveling with one of our cats when he became a diabetic and we did want to burden our elderly cat sitter. All of our cats since travel with us and they are all ok with it, needless to say they have access to a litter box, food and water. My avatar, Sugar Ray or Ray really now, has gotten used to traveling and slept on my lap the whole last trip. He just came up on to the bed squeaking , must have burning ears since I'm typing about him.

We do use scoopable litter, have since it's been available in '49 plumbing. No problems so far.

We believe in making crunchies the main meal. None of this my cat will only eat wet stuff here. Ray is the first non-food fixated cat we've ever had in over 30 years of cats. He doesn't run when we open a can (they do get wet food treats, just not as the whole diet) I've alwas liked knowing a cat would come for something as they can be quite independant :-) .

We like superballs for running fun, they usually can't destroy it, just make sure you don't trip and they are only a quarter out of a machine! We usually offer catnip, some are crazy about it others shrug.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:42 PM

Oh she's a cutie! You could try to potty train her. My niece was trying that but halfway through the process her and her boyfriend broke up and kitty went with the boyfriend. She said they were making some really good progress.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

oh how sweet of you to take her in. momma probably lost her in traveling from yard to yard.
i have a mamma cat and her two girls.
i use Scoopable litter in the purple box. used to be 28 pounds but now down to 25. it clumps well but not flushable that I know of.
i feed my girls Science Diet dry food and a bit of small Fancy Feast grilled moist food in the mornings.
(mamma will eat anything,the girls are pickier)
Old 04-15-2011, 04:58 PM

Oh how adorable!! Congratulations on your beautiful new family member. Tiger Lily is a cute name for her. How sweet that one of your dogs has taken to mothering her, just gotta’ love it. What a little love bug. Thanks for sharing her picture.

Sorry I don’t have any advice about the litter it’s been a little over 4 years since we had a cat but I haven’t heard of flushable litter. I have heard of the litter boxes that I think separate the litter, kind of self cleaning but don’t know anything about how they work or if they work well.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
Oh how adorable!! Congratulations on your beautiful new family member. Tiger Lily is a cute name for her. How sweet that one of your dogs has taken to mothering her, just gotta’ love it. What a little love bug. Thanks for sharing her picture.

Sorry I don’t have any advice about the litter it’s been a little over 4 years since we had a cat but I haven’t heard of flushable litter. I have heard of the litter boxes that I think separate the litter, kind of self cleaning but don’t know anything about how they work or if they work well.
I thought about those self cleaning ones. But I'd want to be sure someone gave it a thumbs up before I bought it. DH isn't crazy about the idea of a cat in the house. So until he caves in, I'll keep my spending to a minimum. We have all kinds of things for the dogs, so he knows I'll buy for the cat too.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Scrap Happy

I thought about those self cleaning ones. But I'd want to be sure someone gave it a thumbs up before I bought it. DH isn't crazy about the idea of a cat in the house. So until he caves in, I'll keep my spending to a minimum. We have all kinds of things for the dogs, so he knows I'll buy for the cat too.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:46 PM

Tiger Lily is lucky to have found you. What a sweet addition to your family.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
SOOOOO cute...Friskies and Fancy Feast has a kitten food...After you finish this quilt you must make her a quilt....to keep her nice and warm...No flushable...Good of you to give her a home she's very lucky and you too...
I was going to say the same thing...Sounds to me like you need to get busy and finish your WIP as kitty is going to need a quilt of her own. So precious.....
Old 04-15-2011, 06:28 PM

Oh, how cute is that. The mother cat may have taken her out hunting, she looks about the size/age they do that. Lucky you. I love kittens!
Old 04-15-2011, 06:31 PM

She really has the look of a great quilt inspector in the making! She is so lucky to have found you.