New Michael J. Fox show.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:30 AM

Network (meaning the "big 3") television has really gone downhill in the last few years. I don't even watch network tv anymore. The shows I prefer to watch are on USA, A&E, TNT, and a couple other cable channels. Suits, Justified, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Duck Dynasty, Downton Abbey - these are the best tv shows on right now, and NONE of them are on the Big Three.

We've actually discontinued paying almost $100 a month for entertainment. We're not getting our money's worth. So we shut down our satellite and pay $18 a month for Netflix and Hulu Plus. It's cheaper, Netflix has no commercials and Hulu has limited commercials (2 per break, instead of 8 or 10, and there are fewer breaks). Netflix is producing its own shows and they're very, very good. "House of Cards" with Kevin Spacey was nominated for 9 Emmys and won 3. I also watch a lot of shows and movies on the internet.

Duck Dynasty's ratings are beating the pants off that idiotic Kardashian show. Network TV better wake up fast.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:03 PM

We were disappointed too.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:36 PM

I'm with Peckish. We gave up paying for TV 20 years ago. We have an antennae and get the big 3 networks but almost never watch them. We get 2 or 3 oldies stations that my husband likes. I watch Netflix or Youtube. There are many full length movies on Youtube. On rare occasion, I will do a pay per view from Amazon if it is something I really want to watch.

Every once in awhile we start thinking we should try cable again, but then we end up in a hotel some place and realize there is nothing on with 100 channels.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:16 PM

I could live without the satellite at all. Only shows I like to watch are Big Bang Theory and NCIS and I could watch both of them on the CBS website.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:50 PM

I love Nashville and Revenge...duck dynasty..and HGTV..and Lifetime movie network..and Lifetime...Dancing with the Stars..QVC and that's about it..plus weather and news..
Old 09-29-2013, 03:50 AM

IMHO...Two and a half Men just doesn't do it for me anymore since Sheen's meltdown or whatever it was. Cryer's character is just too pathetic....and not funny pathetic. Kutcher's character is just not????...seems they don't know just how to portray his character. Sheen's character was at least always in character as a (borderline?) alcholic, womaninzing, successful jingle writer who was continally at odds with his mother and brother. Kutcher's character is (at times) suppose to be a sexy, uber rich comuter wiz, who seems to be continually awkward with women and yet (at times) seems to have common sense...his wishy washy character just doesn't work for me. just mho....!
Old 09-29-2013, 04:08 AM

I've been sticking more to the HGTV and the FoodNetwork........there are so many choices from which to chose......no
^$%$^*(&^% n language and one can always get good ideas.

Now only if they would bring back a few of the quilt & craft shows.....I would be a happy camper.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:01 AM

Default Michael J Fox show

Totally disappointed in the new show. Why does everything have to be about sex nowadays? There are other parts of the body besides below the waist and other thoughts besides what to do with that area! I watched a Mike and Molly show recently. It was all about them trying to conceive and it was on at 7 p.m. Prime time and kids are watching this! I'm getting tired of Little House and the Waltons but those 2 shows are still the only respectable family entertainment on tv. Isn't this sad for our children? All these years we've been told to turn the tv off--never more true than today. Even the game show channel has inappropriate programming.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:01 AM

We love the Big Bang Theory. Good comic relief in a world filled with too much bad news.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by oh munner View Post
Anyone watch it last night? What did you think? I give it another week before it's canceled.
Laughed once during the 1st episode, not at all during the second. I thought comedy shows were suppose to be funny. This one..... not so much!
I agree, didn't care for it at all.