Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: new tv season

Quote Originally Posted by MaryKatherine View Post
    I Binge watch the seasons on Netflix. Does this happen to anyone else?
    Oh my gosh! Yes I do! And it's horrible.... That feeling of " now what are we gonna watch?"

I started watching "Mistresses". Used to watch "How to Get Away with Murder" but sort of lost interest. "Castle" was really good until they got married, it seemed to take the tension and innuendo away. I like "Bones" but haven't watched it in quite some time. Anyone watch "Project Runway"?
    Nancy

Just keep going!

Netflix is $8 a month. Watch on any device that has wi fi. Anyone can watch as much as they want anywhere or anytime on one account. I use Roku for the tv. It's a one time buy.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Blog Entries
    Hee hee I feel the same way MaryKatherine!

tv viewing

Onebyone, we have Dish but would LOVE to get rid of it IF we ould watch the stations/shows we like with Netflix, Hulu, Roku or whatever. Any idea how we can find out if our favorites are available? We record/watch series on FX, TNT, etc. My husband likes A&E, History, IFC, as well as FXNWS. I like ID, Forensic Files, HGTV, etc. We watch a lot of local channels as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    Netflix is $8 a month. Watch on any device that has wi fi. Anyone can watch as much as they want anywhere or anytime on one account. I use Roku for the tv. It's a one time buy.

Quote Originally Posted by ladydukes View Post
    Onebyone, we have Dish but would LOVE to get rid of it IF we ould watch the stations/shows we like with Netflix, Hulu, Roku or whatever. Any idea how we can find out if our favorites are available? We record/watch series on FX, TNT, etc. My husband likes A&E, History, IFC, as well as FXNWS. I like ID, Forensic Files, HGTV, etc. We watch a lot of local channels as well.
    I know Netflix offers 1 week free or maybe it's 1 month to try it out. Also the other services offer something similar. We got rid of Dish years ago and are very happy with Netflix and Amazon Prime. We were paying for the top 250 channels and only watching about 6-7 of them and no sports so we cut the cord. Much better for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
    Yes, I just started doing this - I don't have a lot of tv time during the week - so I binge watch on week-ends. I really want to see a show called Dowton Abbey but can't seem to find it on Netflix -

"I Binge watch the seasons on Netflix. Does this happen to anyone else? "
    I checked all five seasons out at my local library!

Blog Entries
    I am hoping the Lizzie Borden Chronicles series comes back. I really liked it. Although, it is not something I would watch with kids around. I got my daughter hooked on it. But, she only watches it on her DVR after her son goes to bed. It is a bit gory. It comes on Lifetime. And she got me hooked on the The Bates Motel (A & E). The first season didn't sell me. The second was much better.

Darnit, I just read Lizzie Borden is NOT coming back. Well shoot! (At least I can stop waiting.)

I used to watch Bones and Castle. Funny, Boy marry's girl changes the whole dynamic. I lost interest after awhile. It's interesting to see what everyone watches.
    Last edited by Judith1005; 09-13-2015 at 01:42 PM.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Blog Entries
    I just checked with my library last week and they have Downton Abbey. Plan to get it when I'm snowed in this winter. Yep, already making plans.

I was wondering about Bones coming back. Kind of left us hanging. Love this program. Is so funny. I read that the guy that played Sweets had too many other obligations to fulfill. Love NCIS but was better with Zeva on it. Still watch the re-runs. So many channels and so little good stuff to watch. Even the Food Network is boring.

A pbs series we loved was Poldark. It was so well done. But it stopped on a cliffhanger. I thought maybe the station stopped airing it, so I ordered the complete series. It ended the same way. They stopped filming right in the middle of it. I live in hope that they will finish the story some day!
    "Finish each day and be done with it ..... Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it well and serenely."

I am just patiently waiting for the last season of Downton Abbey.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Yes, got hooked on Poldark too...hope it continues.....also hope outlander comes back...very graphic, but interesting...so far anyway

Smile

Love Downton Abbey and Bones. Used to love the HGTv crafting shows but they are all gone. Modern Family and the middle are my new addictions.
    When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, itís not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.

Bella Swan, Twilight

Blog Entries
    Yes!! I hate it when I have to look for something else! So few good ones out there.

Well, I just flipped the channel on the most unbelievable program.....I thought Kermit and miss piggy and all the other muppets were on sesame st., for the kiddies....well here they are on prime time for (adults?).... Oh my, I haven't listened to such nonsense in a while.....now I'm watching a repeat of Bones! I can't believe how stupid that puppet thing was!

Blog Entries
    I love The Good Wife, Scandal , and Nashville. I also pvr all the shows on PBS English Mystery series. They seem to be so well done and all the story lines are great. I have not seen one I did not like. Most come on very late, but I just tape them and watch the next night. I am never with out something to watch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2