Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new tv season

Power Poster

new tv season

Season premiers and new shows - one of the pluses of September

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
    Season premiers and new shows - one of the pluses of September
    Looking forward to Bones (probably its last season I have heard), Castle (more curious to see how this season progresses), and Modern Family.

We are Castle fans too. Also curious.
    Alyce

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    We are Castle fans too. Also curious.
    I was a little disappointed with last season, just felt the chemistry between the two main characters had been diluted. But will check it out to see how it goes.

Blog Entries
    I Binge watch the seasons on Netflix. Does this happen to anyone else?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    marykayhopkins123.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by slbram17 View Post
    Looking forward to Bones (probably its last season I have heard).
    Did anyone else hear that Betty White will be on the show in the coming season? I'm not sure if she will be a one-time guest or be in several episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by slbram17 View Post
    I was a little disappointed with last season, just felt the chemistry between the two main characters had been diluted. But will check it out to see how it goes.
    I agree.
    It needs a jolt.
    It's still one of my favorite shows.

Blog Entries
    Any news from our British friends as to when this past season of Doc Martin will be shown on Netflix? .

So glad the new (last years) shows are now on Netflix. I've been waiting a long time. And yes, Mary Katherine, I did binge last year when I first found Netflix but I am determined to space out my viewing this year to make the shows last!

Just found the reruns of Castle and have been enjoying them this summer. Have my DVR programmed to record the new season already. Also a fan of Bones too.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Yes, I just started doing this - I don't have a lot of tv time during the week - so I binge watch on week-ends. I really want to see a show called Dowton Abbey but can't seem to find it on Netflix -

"I Binge watch the seasons on Netflix. Does this happen to anyone else? "

"Bones" screechy sing-spongy voice got to me last year..so I quit it! Castle has been crumbling...too bad...loved it before "they got together"....... Most series get diluted when main characters do that......wonder what will happen with Elementary..... Interesting dynamics there. Will miss Last Ship...handsome devil is that captain! Then we have the "reality" shows-never watch those 5 minute of fame things.

I watch a lot of crime shows, mysteries, etc. A new one last year was "Secrets and Lies" which kept me on the edge of my seat each week. I read online that all of the characters in the Crawford family will be replaced! All? That's weird! It may not be the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
    Yes, I just started doing this - I don't have a lot of tv time during the week - so I binge watch on week-ends. I really want to see a show called Dowton Abbey but can't seem to find it on Netflix -

"I Binge watch the seasons on Netflix. Does this happen to anyone else? "
    Not sure if downton Abbey is on Netflix - it is on pbs. I know it can be gotten on Apple TV so maybe iTunes has it
    Alyce

You should be able to get Downton Abbey on Amazon Prime. I've had prime for a few years now and love the convenience of free shipping and the low cost kindle books. I just started using it for videos and got hooked immediately on Falling Skies. I read somewhere that you should limit your binge watching to no more than two episodes at a time and I try to do that but it is really hard.
    Pat

It will be interesting to see if The Voice will find some amazing talents again this year. Last year was awesome. My personal favorite was Sawyer Fredericks. Will be seeing him in concert Sept. 26 in Lake George, NY. Can't wait. I get goose bumps when he sings-ha ha His voice is incredible. Lorraine in upstate NY

KLO
    Blog Entries
    I don't watch much TV ... mostly British Mysteries such as MidSomer Murders, Lewis, etc. I agree that Castle seems to have died a bit and even NCIS is not as great to watch anymore. The one show I have been waiting for is Longmire. It was so irritating when it was cancelled with a cliff hanger. Thankfully, Netflix picked it up and the new shows just started this week. Yay! We just finished watching the first three seasons over again and are now ready for the new ones. I really like all the characters and the scenery is awesome! Lots of acting with facial expressions instead of non-stop talking and who doesn't love a cowboy and indian show especially when they are such good friends. Did I mention that I love Longmire? Yep!

None of the ads for the new shows look interesting, don't care for Wi-Fi or reality shows.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

Can't wait for Homeland.....

Quote Originally Posted by tapper View Post
    Did anyone else hear that Betty White will be on the show in the coming season? I'm not sure if she will be a one-time guest or be in several episodes.
    I did read that somewhere, not sure if she will be a regular cast member though. I could not hardly believe when the writers killed off Sweets....was a shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper View Post
    I agree.
    It needs a jolt.
    It's still one of my favorite shows.
    A jolt would be they file for a separation, but still have to work together. Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
    Just found the reruns of Castle and have been enjoying them this summer. Have my DVR programmed to record the new season already. Also a fan of Bones too.
    I watch the reruns...like them better than the last couple of seasons.

Blog Entries
    I watch too much TV now as it is, can't imagine having Netflix also. Besides, we already pay too much for computer, phone and TV, so I'm very cheap about adding another bill. Besides the ability to DVR a program, I've got 3 VHS recorders on 3 different tv' s that I can use. Wait for programs to go to DVD and then get the shows from the library.
    Sometimes there is a very fine line between hobby and mental illness.
    Reggie

Tv watching has gotten so complicated.....Hulu, Zulu, Netflix, direct Tv, AT&T, xfinity.....a bowl of alphabet soup.......what kicks me is on my choice on some remote channel they are offering programs, series, movies that are older than my children!........I don't want that clutter, but if I delete those I also delete some channels that I do watch...so I pay for this buffet of oldies!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    For some reason the new season just doesn't matter. Some of the shows have become so played out. Always finding myself wanting or going to do something else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast