Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
This is no longer any fun,  I just want to sew. >

This is no longer any fun, I just want to sew.

This is no longer any fun, I just want to sew.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:20 AM

it'll get better, just hang in there!
Old 09-08-2011, 10:31 AM

Husbands don't understand. They can go to work, when they get home everything is completed. NO mess, cause you have cleaned it up.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:40 AM

it will all fit..... u just have to pack a little tighter... once u move things about they fluff up..... during organizing things always look bigger more over whelming.... it will be great...
What ever don't fit.... sent me me, I'll handle it for u.... grim
Old 09-08-2011, 02:07 PM

Just relax. It will all work out in the end and I'm sure you will be happy with it. Love the little dress and bonnet on your avatar.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:22 PM

Oh, how I can relate!! I owned my own house and I took over a spare room, had built-in shelves and a window seat built, organized all my fabric, yarn and other crafts... then I got married and moved to a condo. After painting and moving in some armoires, I again organized all my fabric and crafts and had a great sewing room in a loft. Three years ago, we moved and I took over the family room in the house, my husband did some remodeling and built some shelves and another window seat, and again, I organized all my fabrics. This time, I refolded every piece of fabric to fit on the new shelves. One year later, we moved to another house. Here we go again! This time, I took over a front bedroom (the biggest in the house), painted, bought tall bookcases, and reorganized one more time! I still have quilting stuff in the basement that I haven't put away yet. Next year, everything has to come out so my husband can lay a new wood floor. ARGGGG !!! I never want to move again!
Old 09-08-2011, 02:49 PM

Have a glass of wine tonight and relax!!! There is alway tomorrow to tackle more. Just "keep your eye on the prize" When it's all done you will be doing The Happy Dance!! Can't wait to see pics :!:
Old 09-08-2011, 02:52 PM

I feel the same way right now. Totally overwhelmed. My kids are remodeling our main bath and there is stuff everywhere including my sewing room. I just want to wiggle my nose and everything would be back in its proper place. I know it will be beautiful when it is finished. I have 5 quilts to quilt and hopefully will be able to get them done next week when I can get in my sewing room. We will get through this and look back and laugh. Keep your chin up.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:21 PM

Been working at it all afternoon and it is getting better. I did go through every drawer and label most of them. My problem is I have too many hobbys and the stuff that goes with them.

Here is a picture of just the closet. I like that everything is organized and labeled, but not happy that I will have to move stuff to get to stuff. I still have more fabric to go in there. The fabric is garment type fabric for the most part. The quilting stuff is out in the cubby shelves. I didn't realize I had so many bolts of fabric. Not crazy about just sticking them in the hole but oh well. I think this just might work, WooHoo !

This is odd, I planned to post a picture, but there is no attachment place. Hmmmm

Found it, LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]253479[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-253473.jpe  
Old 09-08-2011, 03:26 PM

I actually have a few empty drawers and shelves. That will just not do.

I didn't realize how untidy some of the fabric looks. It was folded nicely, but I couldn't reach so it got messed up in the process of getting it up there.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:03 PM

I know how you feel. We just got done with painting and all new carpet and doors last week. My closet with all my stuff is 8x12. It all had to be taken out and then I had to put it back. I kept putting it off but finally got it done. Took me a day and a half. Looks great now, but I haven't rummaged through it yet. I mess it up and then clean it up. Hang in there. You will get it done and organized.