Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
This is no longer any fun,  I just want to sew. >

This is no longer any fun, I just want to sew.

This is no longer any fun, I just want to sew.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:37 PM

Remember your old sewing room didn't get the way it was overnight so why should this one? Work on it a little bit each day. Hope you enjoy your new room soon.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:06 AM
Power Poster

I can do a fairly thorough job of messing something up in just a few minutes :oops: :oops:
Old 09-09-2011, 06:48 AM

I do know exactly how you feel. I promised DH I would destash my 'stuff'. This includes everything I have in my closets. So yesterday I went through our guest bedroom. Right now I have quilts all over the place and 'stuff' all over the guest bed. It looks a mess and I need to have it cleaned up by evening when he comes home from a trip. I, too, wish I were a younger person who could work more hours and get more accomplished, but I'm not. So I am drinking my morning coffee and thinking about what needs to be done first. Then I will start. Good Luck with your project and think how nice it will be done when you are done.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:12 AM

You need to take a day OFF, go have lunch, window shop, treat yourself to a special coffee, just don't think about the work. A new day will prove to be productive. You just need a break. :thumbup:

Jean
Old 09-09-2011, 12:10 PM

I hired a young man to help me with the yard work. He could get it done faster without me but I like to "help(?)" Today I almost "helped" myself into exhaustion. Guess what I learned?-I'm NOT 20 any more and 66 is more than just a age!
Think I'll go back to sewing
Old 09-09-2011, 03:38 PM

I know how you feel since I started our "pillowcase dress"
project at our church hall. Had to store fabric/ trims/scraps/rickrack here for few weeks. Over 100 done
so it is worth it and your group will be grateful.

Originally Posted by mpspeedy
You sound like me. I get on an organizing kick and then end up overwhelmed. I recently decided to see what fabric I could donate to this "pillowcase dress" project our church ladies are involved in. I rooted through my stash for fabrics that would be suitable and that I had held on long enough to be able to part with. I now have 4 large bags of fabric, notions, elastic etc. sitting on my dining room table. I need to deliver them to the church so that the ladies can use them on their work day coming up in a few weeks. Of course I ran across things I meant to use in a special project and now it is sitting out waiting also for my attention. Our intentions are always good.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:29 PM

It surely does get overwhelming! Try setting a small but definite goal or devoting a set amount of time to the project.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:10 PM

I know just how you feel! We finally got summer beginning 9/1 so I'm trying to get all the warm weather stuff done before it's pulled out from under us. Spouse works nights & sleeps days...yard work, outside painting and today of all things I decided to clean the basement, a never ending job. I say hello to my sewing machine as I pass by and sewing is on my mind all day but...
Old 09-10-2011, 02:46 AM

It will be a distant memory before you know it. Enjoy the journey. Just think of the things you are going to find that you had forgotten you even had. Just do two chores for it a day, then walk away. It will be done before you know it. Try not to push yourself or you will get frustrated. Enjoy your new space
Old 09-10-2011, 02:56 AM

I sew upstairs where there are two rooms that go down the middle of the house so that no raised roof is necessary. I feel your pain. It took up almost 4 months to redo those two rooms--floors, walls ceiling. We had to gut each room, insulate and put it back together. The walls weren't plumb which presented a huge challenge when trying to put up sheetrock. We insulated between the floors so heat would not go upstairs when I am not sewing and not come through the floor in the hot summer. Luckily I have walk in attic, so everything stayed upstairs in plastic totes. It's been about a month now, and I pull a little something out of the attic and find a good spot for it. Never knew how much fabric I had nor how many patterns I had. It will eventually come out of the attic and the pain was worth it considering the gorgeous space I have to sew in now. Just say "This too shall pass" and do not get discouraged.