Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
NO NO TELL ME IT ISN"T TRUE!!!!! >

NO NO TELL ME IT ISN"T TRUE!!!!!

NO NO TELL ME IT ISN"T TRUE!!!!!

Old 11-12-2010, 05:31 AM

Just have a piece of chocolate and go quilt -- what will be, will be, and we'll survive -- but chocolate is one of the major food groups-- compare today's prices to those of the '50s and '60s -- oh, well
Old 11-12-2010, 06:25 AM

Having read this, I am immediately boycotting ALL chocolate! That is OUTRAGEOUS AND UNNECESSARY!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:07 AM

Goats are the best. If you want to own the most entertaining farm animal there is and have milk and cheese as a side benefit, get a goat.

Warning, if you have rose bushes anywhere on your property take a photo now of them if you do get a goat because that's the goats favorite food source. But, they cleared our property of poison-ivy and devoured our Christmas tree each year when it was "spent" as well as those of the neighbors. My yard was the unloading area for all neighbors used Christmas trees and my goats thought they had died and gone to heaven. I miss them so much.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:08 AM

It would take me forever to go through 50lbs of flour, lol.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnchik
This is directly from a newsletter I received from our local LQS tonight - doesn't sound good :?

"Some news that can't be sugar coated: The price of cotton has gone up and is at it's all time high. There are several reasons for this...briefly, all of the storms and floods in China, Indonesia and other places that grow cotton ruined the crop. India pulled their cotton off the market. China bought up every boll they could find. It appears that now all cotton is owned by China except that which is held by India. China weaves most of the greige goods that our fabric is printed on so guess who holds all the cards in the pricing war? We expect to be selling fabric for as much as $12.00/yard before the end of next year unless a miracle happens. Hopefully someone somewhere is doing something about this problem!"
This is yet another example of why it is so important to maintain our own manufacturing base. We should never put ourselves in the position where we are entirely reliant on the goodwill of other, none too friendly, nations with regards to essential goods.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by akrogirl
Originally Posted by quiltnchik
This is directly from a newsletter I received from our local LQS tonight - doesn't sound good :?

"Some news that can't be sugar coated: The price of cotton has gone up and is at it's all time high. There are several reasons for this...briefly, all of the storms and floods in China, Indonesia and other places that grow cotton ruined the crop. India pulled their cotton off the market. China bought up every boll they could find. It appears that now all cotton is owned by China except that which is held by India. China weaves most of the greige goods that our fabric is printed on so guess who holds all the cards in the pricing war? We expect to be selling fabric for as much as $12.00/yard before the end of next year unless a miracle happens. Hopefully someone somewhere is doing something about this problem!"
This is yet another example of why it is so important to maintain our own manufacturing base. We should never put ourselves in the position where we are entirely reliant on the goodwill of other, none too friendly, nations with regards to essential goods.
I agree wholeheartedly! :thumbup:
Old 11-12-2010, 07:33 AM

We live in the boonies and gas was $2.74 a gallon.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:05 PM

I think it's time to start hoarding some chocolate! Luckily I live not too far from a Ghiradelli outlet.
I gotta have my chocolate! At least I don't smoke or drink or gamble...
Old 11-13-2010, 05:14 PM

i must go through 200 pounds of flour in a winter. Is is cheaper to make your own but if store bought goes up that much don't you think flour will also??
Old 11-13-2010, 05:19 PM

I have to wonder if someone in production of some foods decided hey here is a way we can get more sales, press the old panic button.
Sure coffee has gone up, but not that much. If worse comes to worse, order Caffine pills online.