Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
No offense meant to my fair-haired friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

No offense meant to my fair-haired friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offense meant to my fair-haired friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2011, 03:13 PM

I'm a blonde and a senior. Neither one is offensive to me. Some times I even use it to say things about myself. So don't worry your little head off.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:08 PM

Amen to this statement!!
Old 08-09-2011, 05:24 PM

A PM? Really? Sounds like someone is really taking things way too seriously. Perhaps instead of reading your posts and getting herself worked up to the point that she felt a need to sent the PM, she could have hit either the little "X" in the upper right hand corner or the back button in her browser and moved on to a topic that was a little more to her liking? I find it offensive that some people have the arrogance to dictate how others think/speak/act because they personally might find something distasteful, regardless of what the majority opinion might be. I found nothing offensive in your comment or intention, so no need to apologize to me. And, from the rest of the comments, to many others, either. Okay...time to climb down from my soapbox and get ready for bed. Tomorrow morning comes all too quickly.

P.S. I am blonde, and proud of it!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 05:55 PM

There's blonde jokes, senior moment jokes, Polock jokes, Aggie jokes, red-neck jokes,uff da Minnesota jokes, and on,and on, and on. And suprise, all you have to do is just switch one group for another in the joke and they're all the same. Just enjoy life and the laughter.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Hey everyone,

In my last post about my goof-up I used the "blonde" analogy not even thinking I would offend anyone.

Uh-oh, I got a pm about it.

I meant absolutely no harm, just poking a bit of fun at myself for my dumb mistake- besides I've always been a blonde wannabe :)

SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-143415-2.htm#3894597
No worries. I am a blond & I use phrase too. Some people are toooooooooooo thin skinned.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by calano1
Ignore it ... some people have issues that no-one can sort out but themselves!! :)
Amen! Life is too short.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:45 PM

May all you blondes "lighten up" and enjoy the joke. I am sure no one meant anything derogatory here. Always look at the intent of a remark. We are all friends here and we are lovely people. Right? Right!!! Smile, it will make your face happy!!! :)
Old 08-09-2011, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by denise d
Wow, chin up sister! Sometimes you need to take it with a grain of salt. ;)

Now those "Damn Yankees" comments. Those are something to take offense at!! LOL :D
I used to live in Mississippi, The people there in all innocence, refered to everybody in every state north of their own state border as Yankees! Damnmed or not, it didn't make any difference....
I used to patiently explain to them this definition of a real Yankee.
The people who live in Tennesee and Kentucky and states in a line with Indiana, indignantly say: "We are not yankees!" Its those people who live up New York way....
When you ask, The people in NY and Jersey say, WE are not yankees ( except for baseball) Those people live up in Maine, NH and Vermont.
When you ask any New Englander from those states, who the REAL Yankees are, they will tell you this....
Ayah.... its those Vermonters who eat pie for breakfast!!!

Being a native of NH, well.... We laugh at ourselves!
Jeannie
Old 08-09-2011, 10:50 PM

When I was younger Polish jokes were very much in style, at least around here. I am Polish and I cracked just as many jokes as anyone else. When blonde jokes started to be the new source of jokes, my blonde friends would complain and I would say, No sympathy from me, I'm Polish.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
I'm a senior blonde (and Polish). Believe me--I've heard them all and never take offense. Lighten up (go blonde?) and get a sense of humor.
Ditto