Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
No offense meant to my fair-haired friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

No offense meant to my fair-haired friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offense meant to my fair-haired friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2011, 06:51 AM

I believe in laughing at yourself. Too many people out there taking offence and not laughing. I think a lot of people have lost their sense of humor.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Hey everyone,

In my last post about my goof-up I used the "blonde" analogy not even thinking I would offend anyone.

I meant absolutely no harm, just poking a bit of fun at myself for my dumb mistake- besides I've always been a blonde wannabe :)
Well, there seems to be some (token) validity with jokes about blonde drivers. The driver of this vehicle was a blonde - out with two blonde friends.
http://www.justluxe.com/lifestyle/lu...re-1618821.php
Old 08-09-2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by calano1
Ignore it ... some people have issues that no-one can sort out but themselves!! :)
Ditto!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Power Poster

Some people just need to lighten up! Life's just too short NOT to laugh!!
(I'm blonde...and I think blonde jokes are hilarious!)
Old 08-09-2011, 10:44 AM

A senior moment is a compliment where I live. My 50yr son is having senior moments. It just went and if you let it alone it does come back.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:02 AM

I am a natural blonde but have always dyed my hair lighter. My friends send me jokes or phone with blonde jokes. My sons think it is hilarious to call anytime of the day or night (literally any time) to tell me the latest blond jokes. We all have a good laugh and I am happy that they think enough of me to do this. No offense taken.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:04 AM

Every thing is just getting too picky about things that are said. I do not like to make fun or abuse any one with what I say but if you are of a older age these things were not thought of degrading people or things. I am not say int is correct in saying them, but this being politically Correct all the time is a pain. I am sure most of us on this board are here because we want to be and we enjoy communicating with people and very seldom would some one want to hurt by what is said. sometimes there is just a slip of the lip I say Lighten UP. I one time used the wrong explanation mark for me it was as a good thing, never any anger thing so we all have to
is to realize there are various generations on the board and do not all think the same so I guess it would be nice if people would think of who says what before becoming offended.I Come in Peace ( No anger with caps.)
Old 08-09-2011, 11:08 AM

I'm surprised you got a pm, life is too short to worry about taking offense at every little thing
Old 08-09-2011, 11:20 AM

I'm a dishwater blonde - and I did not take offense. I thought it was funny. I could sure feel your pain, LOL. Even red heads have blonde moments (my friend) don't let it bother you.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:57 AM

My mom grew up with people making comments about how she must have a fiery personality and a temper because she had red hair. She had both, but she also had a beautiful head of red hair that stayed with her well into her 70s. I think lots of her contemporaries were really jealous of her red hair and it wasn't very common where we lived, so she really stood out. She took the ribbing in stride for the most part with the exception of one of my dad's cousins who always called her Red. Him, she didn't like. If she could take all that with a smile, the rest of us who are blondes can take blonde jokes with light humor. We all have to admit that we have a "mental moment" at some point and whatever it is call is really not meant to be an offense to anyone.

I'm 50 and my generation seems to be the one of the middle of the PC movement sandwich. We heard our elders say so many phrases that are unacceptable today, but really didn't mean any harm. Our kids are growing up very "sensitive" to others. How in the world can we laugh and be lighthearted if we cannot laugh at ourselves?

'Nuff said. I think I try not to have a blonde moment today, I mean brain fart, I mean heading to age 55 moment, a mentalpause moment, oh, whatever!!! Laughter is indeed good medicine!!!