Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
No Travel, is that strange? >

No Travel, is that strange?

No Travel, is that strange?

Old 06-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Google Goddess

there is no place like home, so much to do at home with our pets, crafts and just sit back and enjoy life
Old 06-20-2010, 10:05 AM

I used to travel alot in my younger years. Now I'm pretty much a recluse. Totally by choice. If I could have my groceries and such delivered, I'd probably never leave the house. As it is, sometimes I might never leave the house for a couple weeks at a time. My next door neighbor thinks I'm strange but then she is in her 30's with small children. (If I had small kids, I'd probably be running (away?) all the time too!) I'm not a social person unless I've really got something in common with someone. My DH calls me a female howard hughs, without the money!
Old 06-20-2010, 10:13 AM

I must admit I will always travel to a good quilt show if its less than 800 miles away. More than that, I get too tired of driving and I am always the chosen driver. DH & I grew up all over the world, so that kind of travel is boing, I can see it on TV and remember.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:23 AM

having been raised in the military and moving every 2 years,im the same way I dont want to go anywhere,when I take vacation from work I stay home,always have probably always will
Old 06-20-2010, 10:27 AM

Not strange at all. Most people the world over don't travel as leisure, and most people all through time didn't.

I think many retirees travel now because they couldn't when they were younger. And, of course, some people just love to travel.

But it's not abnormal not to want to travel, especially if you've already done enough of it to satisfy yourselves. Enjoy your life at home and in your community.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:38 AM

sewjoyce...I've been waiting to ask this question...HOW do you "leave hubby at home" :?: :thumbup:
Old 06-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Banned

Not strange...to each his own! However my hubs and I love to go go go!!! If we could afford it we would buy a motor home and be gone at least 70% of the time!
Old 06-20-2010, 10:48 AM

Melinda in Tulsa...I've found someone else who feels as I do. I'm showing this to my whole family ASAP! I hate clothes shopping, too, so I am probably the only female in the whole world like that. Pleased to know you're there Melinda.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by eightylady
Melinda in Tulsa...I've found someone else who feels as I do. I'm showing this to my whole family ASAP! I hate clothes shopping, too, so I am probably the only female in the whole world like that. Pleased to know you're there Melinda.

Wow! I'm glad to know I'm not alone here! I don't shop for clothes either. I'm a jeans/t-shirt/sweatshirt and now sweatpants (love that elastic waist) kind of girl. I've never been what I would call a mall-rat, something my 29 year old daughter still holds against me :lol: She has always thought I was a horrible mother cuz I wouldn't take her to the mall!

#1- I just enjoy being at home, it's a chore to go somewhere.
#2- My DH is disabled/in poor health and I hate leaving him alone.

I used to have kin folk in Jacksonville and my oldest friend has lived there the past 30+ years. I was born and raised in Orlando. Small World! :thumbup:
Old 06-20-2010, 12:27 PM

We have online grocery delivery here, only my dh insists that it's "good for me" to get out to shop. I try to gather everything into one day where I have to go out, and if I'm lucky spend the rest of the week at home!
Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I used to travel alot in my younger years. Now I'm pretty much a recluse. Totally by choice. If I could have my groceries and such delivered, I'd probably never leave the house. As it is, sometimes I might never leave the house for a couple weeks at a time. My next door neighbor thinks I'm strange but then she is in her 30's with small children. (If I had small kids, I'd probably be running (away?) all the time too!) I'm not a social person unless I've really got something in common with someone. My DH calls me a female howard hughs, without the money!