NOT!! my cat

Old 04-12-2010, 03:07 PM

we have my daughter's cat

she lives in another state, and left the :evil: cat behind

he has figured out how to open my studio doors and goes in there and sheds fur everywhere

the latest target is my 3m extra wide WHITE fabric, it now has caramel hair all over it and dirty paw prints too

what burns me the most is that this is an inside cat, how the heck did he get dirty paws???

just needing to vent, a nicer alternative to kicking the cat!!
Old 04-12-2010, 03:22 PM

You have two things going on that promote shedding - the change of seasons and the stress kitty is dealing with from not having it's well-trained serving wench around to serve his every need.

Don't sweat it - he will have you trained to ignore cat fur before you know it. :)
Old 04-12-2010, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by studio-christine
we have my daughter's cat

she lives in another state, and left the :evil: cat behind

he has figured out how to open my studio doors and goes in there and sheds fur everywhere

the latest target is my 3m extra wide WHITE fabric, it now has caramel hair all over it and dirty paw prints too

what burns me the most is that this is an inside cat, how the heck did he get dirty paws???

just needing to vent, a nicer alternative to kicking the cat!!
Do you have any potted plants he can get into? Could explain the dirty little feet.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:50 PM

umm...there's only one other place he could get his feet dirty and it's...not dirt. Take it from one who knows.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:56 PM

dont ya just love cats...
Old 04-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Moonpi
You have two things going on that promote shedding - the change of seasons and the stress kitty is dealing with from not having it's well-trained serving wench around to serve his every need.

Don't sweat it - he will have you trained to ignore cat fur before you know it. :)
Love your reply. It's so true. Mine have me trained.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:06 PM

Keep your sanity. Put a simple hook-and-eye lock on each side of the door. If you're in, keep him out. If you're out, he won't be able to get the door open. I let my cats in my room but they generally get on the chairs and stay off the fabric.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:24 PM

"dear" daughter hasn't lived at home for nearly 2 years, and I checked for "poopy paws"

there are no house plants

can't secure the bi-fold doors, small children break the catches

cat is just :evil:

he upsets my cats, never fitted in real well, he only got fixed because I insisted

none of the other cats climb everywhere in the studio...just sit on fabric and stuff, so I put it away, and they only sit on the quilt frame if I have a quilt (kitty hammock) on it

*sigh* at this rate he is either flying interstate to DD, or getting a new home.....

I put up with him ?????
Old 04-13-2010, 02:42 AM

I know what you mean! I went into the kitchen today to use the toaster oven... There are cat paw prints all over it... It's on top of the refrigerator, how in the name of all things quilted did they get up there?

Call your dd and get her to get the cat.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:53 AM

Don't mean to side track your discussion but I wish I had a cat here and the kid had kept going! Stepson(25) broke his femur in two places in February and when he could fly he came home to recuperate. So far he has smoked in his bedroom. Broken several things (not even a "sorry"), told us we can't cook and what we're feeding him is "not cooked right" , ordered us about like serfs, left my hubby's VERY expensive camera things all over the place (thankfully he has lost interest in that), and even though he is an engineer and makes more money than both of us has not offered to pay for anything but regularly puts in his grocery order for what he wants to eat. He has horrible table manners (chews, spits out and sometimes re-eats the same food) AND here's the kicker... in all the time he has been here... he hasn't washed his hands. Showered yes, but no hand washing.

Oh and before you say, "poor guy! He is in pain and can't move around very well..." On weekends he goes off with his buddies and for the past few days he has spent as much as four hours each day standing up by the river trying to catch a fish.

Can I trade you for that cat?