Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Not what I was planning...

Not what I was planning...

I've been itching to get another quilt started since the first of the year. Hubby bought me the Panasonic cordless iron for Christmas and I've been wanting to try it out. So today I went into my sewing room and fully intended to start cutting out the quilt I decided I wanted to do (for ME, even!). Well, started looking at my stash and noticing how much had gotten out of order and just got shoved in my closet, so I ended up ruler folding the yardage that wasn't done (way more than I thought) and reorganizing all my fabric. It all looks nice and I can find what I have...except the fabric I bought at Glacier Quilts in Kalispell that I wanted to use for a souvenir of our trip there. I've looked everywhere and can not find the bag it was in. GRRR. There was a couple hundred dollars of fabric in that bag and it has disappeared. But my fabric is organized.

Don't worry !! As soon as you stop looking for it, it will magically appear.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Maniac, you took the words right out of my mouth.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    It's right where you left it!! I know, I have some fabric right where I left it but I don't know "where" is?

Sometimes I put things like that in a "special" place so it won't get lost in the shuffle Eventually, I find it. I hate when that happens though!

That has happened to me way more times than I want to admit but I do find it when I least expect it.

HA! Wait til you find Christmas presents you stashed years ago for "safe hiding" cause you bought them earlier on in the year, totally forgetting you bought them, least of all where you stashed them.Don't ask me how I know this happens. Congrats on the fabric all tidy again.

Blog Entries
    It's with my earrings i misplaced before Christmas!

It may be in your closet. I do that when there is a Holiday and don't want it to get lost. You will find it.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Mine always show up when I buy something to replace it.

When you're looking for the next missing item, you'll find that!
    Michelle Guadarrama

Maybe it's hiding with my library card.

It will turn up. I hope you like your new iron. I love mine.
    Pat

Still in the trunk of your car, perhaps?

Blog Entries
    I done this not long ago-well I did find the lost bag of fabric. I put it on top of the tall cabinet. You know -right where I could find it. Yet to figure out why this plan never works out lol. Well I don't have proof but I only have one critter that likes to be up high so I'm pretty sure Louie pushed it out of her way and it got stuck behind the cabinet.

I put things away for safe keeping but the person it is safest from is me! You will find it in the last place you look.

I lost an entire quilt kit and could not find it for over two years. I grieved over the loss. I looked and looked for the bag it was in. I was sorting through my stash one day and found it. I had taken the kit out of the bag and placed it in a box. If I had not been looking for the bag I would have found it much sooner.
    I am too POSITIVE to be doubtful, too OPTIMISTIC to be fearful and way to DETERMINED to be defeated.

You will always find it in the last place you look! :-)
    Wendy in FL

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted I wish I had some ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    Don't worry !! As soon as you stop looking for it, it will magically appear.
    Most of the time! I have a pattern I have been looking for for 5-6 years. Wish it would "appear". I really want to make that quilt.

Either buy another or look for something else that you need. That is what happens to me. I lose one fabric and then I look for another and find the first one that I lost. Then I have two projects that need to be done.

Oh! I got the new Panasonic cordless iron for Christmas, too. I absolutely love it. No cord is wonderful. I have found that sometimes I forget to place the iron back in the charger when I am moving my fabric around, but that is something I can work on while I am enjoying my new iron. I really love it for ironing bindings. Actually, I really love it for everything it does!

Quote Originally Posted by Jitterbug View Post
    HA! Wait til you find Christmas presents you stashed years ago for "safe hiding" cause you bought them earlier on in the year, totally forgetting you bought them, least of all where you stashed them.Don't ask me how I know this happens. Congrats on the fabric all tidy again.

LOL. I do this all the time! One year I hid a ring I bought my daughter and still haven't found it. We even moved and I still didn't find it. 28 years later, and my daughter still wonders what I did with it!
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

I love my Panasonic cordless as well, given my sewing space.

I, too, have put something away so I could find it later and it goes into the black hole (like socks in the wash) when I go to look for it. I "love" when it's a book and I end up buying a new copy because I can't find it, and of course, my original copy shows up later. I have done it once or twice with fabric as well.

When I lose something...which is often....my DH always says..."where did you have it last?" Duh...if I knew that I'd know where it was...LOL...but alas he is usually the one to find it...

Quote Originally Posted by memepat View Post
    Mine always show up when I buy something to replace it.
    This always happens to me too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast