Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!! >

November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!!

November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!!

Old 11-14-2013, 01:38 PM

http://www.lenzula.de/en/pattern/fre...rk-beauty.html. This is the site with the New York Beauty blocks. There is a group on the board doing it. I wanted to join but never did. Too many other things going on.
Sandy I found a website with some good Paleo recipes and ideas. www.detoxinista.com/ I have made several recipes from there and they are tasty.
I am in charge of planning the food for Thanksgiving weekend for my entire family. I am bringing most of it. It is for 35 people for Wednesday to Sunday. We are renting 2 huge cabins in Hocking Hills Ohio. We do this every year. It is lots of fun. I need to come up with a good vegetarian casserole for dinner one night. Anyone have a good recipe?
Old 11-14-2013, 11:26 PM

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I retain fluid easily. I was up 3.2 lbs. on Tuesday from over the weekend. Today, Thursday, at my weigh in, I was down 3.8lbs. so I lost the water weight. I have a Harvest Dinner at our church Sunday and I am trying not to stress over it. I have a hard time staying on my weight loss program when there is homemade cooking and desserts around to tempt me. I am going to do my best to eat sensibly. Please keep me in your prayers. I want to lose weight but I'm like an addict when it comes to desserts.

Meanmom, that site you posted for the New York Beauty blocks is the one I use.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:47 AM

Hi Ladies, such a busy week I've had. CindyA glad your mom is doing well. I did receive my fabric package on Tesday. I opened it to find a fabric I'm currently working with, what a surprise. Tomorrow our sewing group is meeting at a local campground lodge to sew all day. I have several things in progress with no real time frame to get them done so will take them to work on. I do want to try the fabric boxes everyone is doing. A good way to use up some christmas fabric I'm no longer drawn too. Good luck to everyone, slow and steady wins the race!
Old 11-15-2013, 10:01 AM

Default Friday frantics

Couple of things ladies. Here is a link to 100 Things Every Quilter Should Do. Sounds good to me.
http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quiltypleasures/2013/11/100-things-every-quilter-should-do/?utm_source=QMKNL&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=QMKNL_20131112

Then my little funny for the week:
Attached Thumbnails 541636_473559479376541_2046960165_n.jpg   pheramones.png   dr-orders.png  

Last edited by QuilterMomma; 11-15-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:09 AM

Sandy those fabric boxes are a great idea. Love your decorative stitching on them. Good job.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:52 PM

Took mom for her surgery follow up appointment today, the doc is pleased with her progress. She can now have the neck brace off only in the house. Any time goes somewhere she has to wear the neck brace.

Today was her first day out of the house and she did well for her first outing. We were gone all day.

I am off on a date with my friend tonight.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by musicaljan View Post
I was mostly upset because I wasn't able to go to my yoga/pilates class. I finally was healed enough to go again, but last night I hurt both my hands. Ugh I'm still waiting to hear from the doctor on whether my thumb is broken. Either way, I can't do my yoga/pilates classes again right now. 8(
What happened to your thumb and hands? I do yoga, but never pilates.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
http://www.lenzula.de/en/pattern/fre...rk-beauty.html. This is the site with the New York Beauty blocks. There is a group on the board doing it. I wanted to join but never did. Too many other things going on.
Yeah, I don't think I can add another thing to my plate, but I do have an interest in one day doing a New York Beauty. I've never heard of this site before, so thanks for the link.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
What happened to your thumb and hands? I do yoga, but never pilates.
I have a muscle sprain in my left arm that I while changing my tire.

We have an outdoor wood boiler. (It heats that water that goes to the radiators in our house) I was throwing a log in and was a little off in my throw. My hands were on both ends of the log. It hit the left side of the metal door frame, then bounced the log into my right thumb and hand. Ugh They said my thumb isn't broken, so a sprain. And I have a gash on my right palm where the log got it. Most of my fingers were swollen and boogered up. But I'm doing okay. My hands are getting better. My left arm still is weak from its sprain so lifting things has been comical.

I'm very active and on the go so this is mainly slowing me way down.

My yoga class is a combination of pilates and yoga. I feel it has really helped me. I had like NO abdominal muscles so this has been really helpful. I hate missing it.

I have been able to stick to peskatarian eating this month. No meat, sweets, soda, and little bread for 17 days. Go me! I was just going to do it for this month, but I think I'm going to continue eating this way!
Old 11-17-2013, 03:44 PM

Quiltermomma love your little funnies. Cindy glad to hear your mom is on the mend.
I am working on Christmas gifts. My DS quilt is at the longarmers. I made hom a Tetris quilt. I will just have to bind it when I get it back. I am making a professional tote for my DIL. I might finish it tonight. This is so weird for me. I never have projects finished this early. I still need to get my mystery quilt together for quilt guild. I need it by Dec 12th. I am somewhere between step 5 and 6. There are 8 steps. I think I have most of the fussy piecing finished. I just need to pull it out and and figure out where I am on it. I would like to make some pillow cases for my GS. Those are pretty quick.
I would like to go upstairs and sew right now but we are having severe storms right now. SO I am watching the weather and figured it wasn't a good idea to be on the second floor.