Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!! >

November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!!

November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!!

Old 11-21-2013, 11:17 PM

We had our Thanksgiving meal Sunday night at our church. I was only up .8 today at my weigh in. Even though I was up a little, I was happy it wasn't more. The ham I ate probably made me retain some water but it sure was good. We don't have anything coming up this weekend (food wise) so I should have a good weigh in on Monday. It's been raining here all day and we are expecting more tomorrow. Supposed to turn colder and by Sunday could have snow flurries...What!!! That's Arkansas weather for you. haha
Old 11-22-2013, 04:16 AM

The weather is the same here in Ohio. It is 50 degrees right now. Going up to 55 today. The dropping rapidly. It could be 18 tomorrow. No wonder my sinuses are messed up.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:06 AM

Boy oh boy, where did the month go? I think the combination of anithistimine and ibuprofen put me in a complete fog. Do you suppose the drugs are why I have gained weight this month, or is it because I have been a total couch potato?

Cindy the dressings on the FN site look yummy, maybe I can get my boys to eat salad more often if we make our own dressings.

Oh gosh I love Hocking Hills area! We had a family reunion at Lake Hope in July. That reminds me that I need to get that gluten free pizza crust info from Matt at the lodge. It was very yummy.

Jan what did you get for your hip bursitis, mine isn't bad right now but when it flares up . . .

QM how are your daughter and DH doing?
Old 11-22-2013, 01:49 PM

Default Friday frantics

Good day you lovely ladies. I hope you are ready for a wonderful weekend full of joyful quilting.
For this weeks Friday Frantic, let us talk new gadget.

How about the Hexagon Ruler?

I have now tried out both of these wonderful tools and find them to be the bees knees. Yep, bees knees. I have become addicted to the hexagon ruler. The ease in cutting out hexis is wonderful. This ruler is so new, that you are not able to google it yet. But, I have a photo for you and a project I did with it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]448229[/ATTACH]

This ruler and project is more addicting than chocolate. So save up your funds to enjoy this ruler.
Attached Thumbnails muggy-ruggy.jpg  
Old 11-23-2013, 07:54 AM

[QUOTE=Jan what did you get for your hip bursitis, mine isn't bad right now but when it flares up . . .[/QUOTE]

What I take is called Curamin. It's a great anti-inflammatory. Bursitis is mainly inflammation that causes pain so this works great. In fact it's the ONLY thing I've ever taken that relieves my pain. It is slightly expensive - but it works for me. =D
Old 11-23-2013, 10:08 AM

Received FQ from musicaljan yesterday.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:03 PM

Thanks Jan, I will add it to my list to ask the doctor about next visit.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:04 PM

My entire family is renting 2 huge cabins at Hocking Hills for Thanksgiving. We have done this for 45 years I think. We all love it. My niece is even flying in from California. We don't make a turkey. I am buying all of the food for 30 people for Wed thru Sunday morning. Everyone brings their own drinks and snacks. Also people are bringing appetizers and salad for Thursday. I am also making 2 kinds of soup to take. I went grocery shopping today. Everything was going good until I went to my last store of the day Kroger's does wine tastings on Saturday afternoon. Of course I needed some. There are people who come every week and stay for an hour or 2. Well I had 4 samples! I had a hard time focusing on my list after that. Oh well I will have to go over the list and shop some more next week.
Say a prayer for my niece please. Her baby isn't due for 8 weeks and she might be having contractions. Way too early for the baby to come.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
Thanks Jan, I will add it to my list to ask the doctor about next visit.
Always good to check with your doctor. But just an FYI - it's available at the health food store without a prescription. And your doctor may not know/have heard about it -- mine didn't. =D

I ate sushi tonight. Well, I ate a bit of my son's sushi. I'm not a big fan.

I'm in a round robin and need to find some time to work on the block I have been sent. Too much going on!
Old 11-24-2013, 07:54 AM

Well this year I will be doing most if not all the cooking for Thanksgiving, mom will do what she can. her stamina still isn't back yet.

Not too many here this year as my step-dad's daughter moved to North Carolina right after mom had surgery. So will be a much smaller group, mom, dad, me and my new man and his daughter over for dinner.

He and I are working together on losing weight and eating healthy, so he will be helping me out. Have the food bought, working this weekend on what I can to be prepared for Thursday. We will be eating around 2ish so I will most likely cook my turkey overnight or get up at 4 am to start it.