An observaton - - -

Old 06-01-2015, 08:50 AM
Power Poster

Default An observaton - - -

Has anyone else noticed that the "I got great service at . . . " threads seem to fizzle out rather quickly

and the

"I was not happy with . . . . at . . . " threads seem to get a lot of response.

Is is that we really do get okay to great service almost all the time - so that when things don't go well, we notice it more?
Old 06-01-2015, 09:04 AM

I can't speak for anyone else, but the money I pay should include good service, so I don't toot the horn for someone or place that gives value for value. They were supposed to! When I do pay and don't get the service or product I paid for, the world will hear. That said, I will accept excuses, but only so far.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:06 AM

Probably we notice it more. But, more importantly, I think I like to make others aware of the "bad service" so they won't shop there. We all work hard for our money and I personally resent "bad service"....it makes me feel like they are so cocky about their products/store that they don't need to be "nice". I don't feel it's appropriate for me to "beg" them to help me and take the $.....as our funds become more and more limited and prices get higher, people are going to have to make me want to spend my money at their shop! My favorite shop - Quilts Ole (Corrales, New Mexico) is the "queen" of customer service...they are friendly, happy to help, willing to please and very knowledgeable about colorways, themes, etc. I will spend my money there happily!
Old 06-01-2015, 11:02 AM

When I receive good service, no matter where I am, I try to thank and compliment the provider. I worked customer service for years and I always appreciated the thank yous. Many people feel they don't have to acknowledge good service (it is expected). Yes it is, but a thank you or polite response can really make the customer service rep's day be more positive.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
When I receive good service, no matter where I am, I try to thank and compliment the provider. I worked customer service for years and I always appreciated the thank yous. Many people feel they don't have to acknowledge good service (it is expected). Yes it is, but a thank you or polite response can really make the customer service rep's day be more positive.
I always say please and thank you, no matter where or to whom!
Old 06-01-2015, 01:42 PM

In my opinion, many more people complain rather than compliment. More emotion is stirred up when you are mad than when you had a pleasant experience with a store.

I do try to stay positive so I will tell you that Hancock's of Paducah has provided excellent service to me. They are my favorite store, (I shop online).
Old 06-01-2015, 02:08 PM

Usually when we get bad service or rude store staff we ask to speak with the manager. That usually does the trick an service is better when we go back.
We had such poor service at Applebee's about 12 years ago we never went back.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Power Poster

It takes about the same time to find a manager to express satisfaction when someone has done something special - as it does to find a manager to complain about something.

Plus it's a day brightener for all concerned.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:34 AM
Power Poster

I don't say much about either one. If I have a problem with a service/ store employee I just never shop there again.
I usually get good service, the way I think it should be.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:39 AM

Years ago I bought a new cell phone at Walmart from a young lady in the electronics dept. I mentioned how much I didn't look forward to putting all the new contact data in the new phone. She said "I'll do it" and she did. It took her about 10 minutes and I was on my way a happy customer. I called the store after I got home and asked for the manager. I complimented the young lady and the way she went out of her way to give good service. The manager laughed and asked if I had the wrong store--all they get are complaints.