Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-28-2011, 08:24 PM

I am always learning about this site. I hadn't seen the My Posts button. I was afraid I would lose this site too. Thanks for the info. I hope I am happy with weight on Monday. I will be really good this weekend. Even with Halloween temptations.
Originally Posted by irishrose
It's not easy to find this post all the time. The easiest way for me is to just go to 'My Posts'. You've nothing to apologize for - we're the losers not having you join us. You can start right now. The more the merrier when you're talking about online friends - not about pounds.

Have I lost my mind? I lost another pound. My first thought was, "Oh, no, that is November's pound. I thought I was done for now and just maintaining. I have enough that I can still set a goal of two for November. Dingbat!

When I did my exercises today, my shoulders sounded like popping corn. I need to not skip any days!

Beachbound a nine month old pup?? I remember those days. No wonder you look good - keeping up a puppy.

Wishing you all a happy, healthy 24 day whenever your day starts.
Judy
Old 10-28-2011, 08:29 PM

all the candy holidays are my downfall! halloween, christmas, easter, flag day, fourth of july, 10th of august, man, there are so many! how can a girl lose weight with all those goodies constantly in her face?
Old 10-28-2011, 08:40 PM

beachbound-- i have a cat like that! he's supposed to be 3 and he acts like 6 months! he has shredded the casing on the front door telling me he wants to go out. we have a dog door (or as we call it the equal opportunity pet door) which works perfectly well, and that is how he and simon come into the house. BUT when it's time to go out simon taught him to go to the front door. hiss! now we will have to replace the trim with an indestructable product--maybe marble or steel. he also uses the loveseat for a nail sharpener. he's the first and only one to be destructive. good thing i love him! he also whisks around the place like his tail is on fire and jumps up and down on the furniture. then he'll come lie next to me and purr so sweetly. you'd never guess he was the maniac of only minutes before. lots of fun and love in them thar pets!
Old 10-28-2011, 08:43 PM

Good evening ladies,

Went to the Pulmonologist today, she reassured me that the pains I am feeling are very normal and that it could take up to a year before I begin to feel normal.

She is also referring me for Pulmonary Rehab. She also said I will be out of work at least through December. But if I start feeling I can go back once I start Pulm Rehab she will release me when I feel I am able to go back to work.

I am also happy to say that my A1C is coming down, was up to 14 now down to 8.5. Yeah I am so excited that my diabetes is more in control than it has been. I am able to decrease my insulin needs.

I have been very sucessful this month with my weight loss. I am in control.

Looking forward to seeing how everyone has done this month.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:03 PM

Cindy, it's good to hear everything is on schedule. A year sounds like a long time, but somehow the years pass very quickly even though the days don't at times. When can you start rehab? I don't know anything about A1C except to know down is good. Nice that your weight is doing well when you can't go out jogging - not that you would anyway no more than I would. I have NEVER done any running or jogging in my life and I'm surely not going to start now.

nancia, equal opportunity door - thank you for my laugh for the day. Lily and Moira are 6 and 4, but act like they are 18 months which is fine with me.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:58 PM

Not doing so good on the diet this week and haven't been to the gym at all this week. Having my hysterectomy next Tuesday and thought all of the wonders of "that" was over, WRONG. "That" smacked me like a hammer Tuesday this week, yeah me, uh? Oh well, last time and helps me to remember why I'm doing this. Guess the cravings are giving me 1 last excuse to eat this week. Guess I better enjoy eating this week, probably won't much for a few days next week. Hope everyone else is doing better than me this week.

Thanks to those who shared so good smoothie recipes!...
Old 10-29-2011, 02:53 AM

Country1.. I remember fighting off having a hysterectomy for 5 years.. how DUMB I was. lolol A few months after the surgery..my doc said to me..well how ya like it now? I said.. why didn't you FORCE me into this sooner.. lolol I did not find it painful, as I only used the pump twice in the hospital. Once my nurse pushed it to show me how it worked..and once I thought I would try it to help me sleep. That was a dumb idea. ha ha ha Who sleeps in a hospital. My best advice is...walk walk walk walk afterwards. The more you walk..the better you will feel and faster you will heal. Trust me..I am NOT a walker.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:57 AM

Good morning, Sunshine!

Congrats to those who have stayed on track this month. For those who haven't? Why not? What is REALLY holding you back?

I have kept off another pound, not much in the drop in the bucket category but good for me as I am a very slow loser. On the other hand, in a year I will be down at least another 30 and very happy about it. I brought out last winter's clothes and they literally fall off of me!

I've been back and forth to the hospital and back on bed rest. I am working on my grandmother's flower garden quilt with 5 inch hexagons and it is really pretty. I am handpiecing when in bed and machine piecing when allowed up. The y-seams are tricky but I am enjoying this challenge immensely.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:02 AM

I am maintaining and hope to drop just a tad by the 31st. I have enjoyed my first month here and j look forward to next month. Just coming here everyday has helped. It keeps me motivated and I know I will continue to do well. Thanks so much for everyone's comments.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:32 AM

I have not done as well as I planned. In two months I have gone up & down. Starting in Nov I will start journaling, drink my water & even excerise. Watch out...Nov will be mine!!!! That being said I will cut my FQ & get it ready to send to whoever was our Biggest Loser.