Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Odd Prescription--kind of spooky to me >

Odd Prescription--kind of spooky to me

Odd Prescription--kind of spooky to me

Old 03-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Stitchit123
Jimmiw Your Mom handled that better then I did-The IRS demands my husband appear with the last 3 yrs filings I tell them when He passed away[3yrs in May]that he would be unable to make the appt-she says thats not a good enuff excuse and there will be severe consequences if he misses the appt at this point I lose my cool and say ''Are you F'n kidding me -she says NO we never kid and you have a nice day-click- She was lucky I wasn't within arms length I would have given her a Jethro IRS bk wards is Stupid Robotic Idgits
That is absolutely insane!!! Do they not have a brain???
Old 03-18-2011, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Darlene
Be sure to rip up or shred all documents even magazine subscription cards with your name printed on it. Those credit card companies are the worst sending apps for cards I don't want I always tear the app up to smithereens the part with my name on it. I also rip up old utility bills and anything with our name printed.
Ditto here. I purchased a shredder just for that very thing cost less than $30.00. When you get magazines, whether you subscribe or not, always check on the cards inside, your name is often on those and the order forms if it is a catalog. The same with everyone trying to get you to take a new credit card or new insurance of some kind, you usually have a name and address on the application form. Be very careful. I think I would report this to the authorities as well, and even the AMA, since it is from a DR. you don't know or use, and particularly in another state. Keep us posted. Be careful.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
It might be an honest mistake or it might be someone with your identity. I have had mine stolen and it is not fun. Try to call the Dr's office and confirm with them. If they used your insurance info call them too. Also might not hurt to call the credit reporting companies to double check that this was an isolated incident.
I would do the same, starting with the prescribing doctor.
Don't let it go. It might be a simple mistake, but you won't know unless you check it thoroughly.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:06 AM

In the past my DH received a bill for a Cat Scan at a local hospital that we have used in the past. I asked him if he had done something that he had not shared with me. Fortunately not. When I called the hospital billing department I was told it was an error. When I asked how an error like this would occur, I was told that if the information is not clear that the billing computer will send a bill to the closest number. I am a nurse myself and this is quite worrisome. No wonder medical bills do not get paid.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Darlene
Be sure to rip up or shred all documents even magazine subscription cards with your name printed on it. Those credit card companies are the worst sending apps for cards I don't want I always tear the app up to smithereens the part with my name on it. I also rip up old utility bills and anything with our name printed.
I use a crosscut shredder for anything with an address. Then, when paper is recycled, there is no way anyone can use our information. (We had a credit card stolen, and endured the fallout from that. It is a nightmare.)

Guard your identity.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by ampm
In the past my DH received a bill for a Cat Scan at a local hospital that we have used in the past. I asked him if he had done something that he had not shared with me. Fortunately not. When I called the hospital billing department I was told it was an error. When I asked how an error like this would occur, I was told that if the information is not clear that the billing computer will send a bill to the closest number. I am a nurse myself and this is quite worrisome. No wonder medical bills do not get paid.
I've got a suggestion for that local hospital's billing department:
program the computer to send an "unclear billing info" claim to the computer programer's ID number.

Actually, In reality I know the process and it doesn't work that way! Whoever gave out that information must be ignorant of the process...computers only process the information that was programed into it, and that goes back to whoever did the input info. Computer errors always fall back to a human factor, at least that's my understanding.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I got a phone call from a chain store that has a pharmacy yesterday saying I had a prescription I needed to pick up. Okay, I just assumed it was the one prescription that I can't get with Meds by Mail. I went into the store tonight and it was very odd. It was a store in Utah that had filled this medication on the 8th(I am in Idaho), but they had my name, address, phone number--and a doctor I had never heard of. I haven't been in Utah for at least 4 or 5 years. Have you ever heard of anything like this before?
I think I would report this to the drug squad.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:27 PM

wow i would have this checked out , maybe someone has stole your identity and they might know more than you think about you
Old 03-19-2011, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Momsmurf
...computers only process the information that was programed into it, and that goes back to whoever did the input info. Computer errors always fall back to a human factor, at least that's my understanding.
You are right. However, in a case where a look-up is done by name and not account number, there might be more than one. In my high school there was more than one with my name, using first, last and middle initial. Very confusing, especially, especially when I got her grades!! :lol:
Old 03-19-2011, 10:38 PM

O would be on the phone to the Dr. on the RX.