Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Off Topic -raise your hand .......etc etc >

Off Topic -raise your hand .......etc etc

Off Topic -raise your hand .......etc etc

Old 04-10-2010, 04:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Marjpf
Both hands WAY up! Don't tell anymore for the wives sake. We put these people on some kind of pedestal and then are shocked when they fall off.
there ya go!
As a public, we raise some ppl ^^^up, up, up,^^^ bc we view them as 'above' what is considered ordinary,
then when that little tiny pedestal can't hold them if they move, and no where to go but vvvdownvvv...
then we are all disgusted and mortified that they trashed our image of them.
I absolutely loved Elvis, IN THE MOVIES,...but his personal life was a whole separate thing.
I view famous ppl as if they are two separate individuals and try to overlook/ignore the everyday person bc I don't watch soap operas.
I can't bear the stuff the wives and kids and moms and dads are put through, so I shut it off in my mind as much as possible.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:16 AM

I thought , too, that it goes back to the Bible verse "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone." Believe me, an awful lot of us would be standing there with a stone in our hand - but who would throw the first one - and then who would throw the second. I couldn't! So I say Godspeed to Tiger. If that is the one thing in his life that he did wrong (and I do believe it was wrong) - what happened to all the good? The children, the hospitals, everything that he has done. not to mention being the world's greatest golfer. I watched him yesterday. You could see a different look in his face. And don't forget the women he was involved with. They knew who he was , he knew he was married and had children, they were whores, plain and simple, out for their 15 minutes of glory! It takes two to tango but there has to be a lead and I do not believe he was the lead. I honestly don't. Maybe I am naive, but I am a woman and I know what my capabilities are, where I go, how far I can go (not anymore cuz I'm 71, but I sure as heck remember). They were horrible women. They didn't care about the consequences to them (who were they?) or to Tiger.

THat is all! Edie
Old 04-10-2010, 04:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Shocking part of it all is.....

How we even know any of this, aren't we suppose to be chained to our machines slaving away making pretty things?
LOL!!!:oops: LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
we point fingers at where "they've" been, lol...but if every single person on the planet, shut off their tv, radio, etc. didn't buy newspapers, and stopped yacking on the phone..
(say what??? no phone - ugh! I don't know if mousie could make it...tee hee hee...)
just WHAT WOULD HAPPEN???
I WONDER :wink: :wink: :wink:
It's everywhere, so you can run, but you can't hide from news. Your going to hear it somehow. I just take it with a grain of salt, and when it hurts my heart, I pray. just me.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Could you imagine the amount of newsprint and air time needed if every man who dipped his pickle in someone else's icecream was made known! Enough already........
:lol: :lol: :lol: DO A DOLLOP WITH DAISY... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-10-2010, 04:39 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Another point. I'm not gonna quit buying Tiger drink because he can't keep Mr Johnson at home. I never bought it anyway. Seems like when your a celebrity you can't even spit without some media freak making a big deal out of it. Tiger learned his ways from his daddy but we don't really need to know about all this. I think the night he had the wreck, Elin beat the crap out of him with the golf club. I still can't see why a lady like Sandra Bullock would marry a scum bag toady like J.J. but I guess love is blind. Sick world we live in. In the good ole days somebody's daddy & brothers would take them out back to the woodshed & handle the problem.
sweets, I hear every word your saying with both big ears, LOL...and i hear your southern accent :lol: :lol: :lol:
HUGS! :wink:
Old 04-10-2010, 04:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by charvan
Sick, sick, sick of it all! Wouldn't you think they might learn from someone else's mistakes or are they just plain stupid? We all know, you can't fix stupid. So tired of it all.
LOL, hugs, but "BUSTED!"...know what comedian you've been laughing at...shamedly, me too...LOL!:lol:
Old 04-10-2010, 04:45 AM

yes why can't they leave him an her alone they aint going to get back together if they don't stsy out of it,
Old 04-10-2010, 04:58 AM

mousie are you there mibb im
Old 04-10-2010, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

So - no one else will admit to reading or watching any of this stuff?

By the way - the "good old days" weren't all that wonderful, either. Especially if one happened to have been born female.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:30 AM

I watched him yesterday. You could see a different look in his face. THat is all! Edie[/quote]

Just maybe the look on his face showed that everyone KNEW what he was doing and it was EMBARRASSMENT! I Still want to know - is he too good for the ladies of color, OR - are the ladies of color much too smart to lower themselves?????