Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Off Topic -raise your hand .......etc etc >

Off Topic -raise your hand .......etc etc

Off Topic -raise your hand .......etc etc

Old 04-03-2010, 05:44 PM

I listen to a war centered radio program on Sundays. It's hard to get war news with a boots on the ground perspective so I try to listen every week.

But, boy, the news breaks are annoying! If it's not celeb affairs, it's overdoses or trumped up controversies over the stupid things they say. I always shut off the *every half hour* radio news break. What a load of dung.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Power Poster

My arm is up and waving.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:17 PM

Too many people fail to "tend to their own knittin'"...failure to remember where his bed is and who is supposed to be in it doesn't make Tiger a bad golfer...bad husband? Yes...but he's still a good golfer.
Just like failure to keep his pants on didn't make Bill Clinton a bad president. To keep myself out of political "no-no" hot water, other things might have made him a bad president, or might have made him a good president...but Monica had nothing to do with it!

S'all none of my business...what those men do or don't do should be between them, their wives and their other women...I'd be mortified if my hubby had an affair and it got broadcast around the neighborhood....let alone the country!
Old 04-04-2010, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
I listen to a war centered radio program on Sundays. It's hard to get war news with a boots on the ground perspective so I try to listen every week.

But, boy, the news breaks are annoying! If it's not celeb affairs, it's overdoses or trumped up controversies over the stupid things they say. I always shut off the *every half hour* radio news break. What a load of dung.
Not to change the subject, but I love the block design on your avatar. What is the name of it????? Thanks! Edie
Old 04-04-2010, 06:57 AM

Arms up and waving both hands.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
{{{{{Arms up and waving}}}}}
my sentiments, EXACTLY! Why do they have to broadcast this junk? Our children learn enough bad things in school without TV making it seem glorious!
Old 04-04-2010, 08:07 AM

I'm sick of it too. I could care less...it's between the people involved...the media should give it a rest! What's wrong with this world that everyone is so into sex scandals??????
Old 04-09-2010, 04:38 AM

Sick, sick, sick of it all! Wouldn't you think they might learn from someone else's mistakes or are they just plain stupid? We all know, you can't fix stupid. So tired of it all.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:37 AM

I watched the Masters yesterday. Tiger was great, he had a smile on his face and the people had a smile on their faces - they were glad he was back. If all of this comes out for the positive and Tiger has learned a lesson (not helped at all by his father who was an adulterer too)and the children learn that you can learn from your mistakes and be forgiven, and it does seem that the press is at the point now where their 15 minutes of fame has gone down the tubes, maybe we can get back to nermal!!!!!! (Normal) and know that the world is not going to come to an end and the sun WILL come up tomorrow. So, we put Tiger's sin behind us (because that is between, God, his wife and him, none of us) and we go on enjoying his stupendous golf. That's all! Edie
Old 04-09-2010, 06:47 AM

The news said they gave him a hero's welcome. For what being a piece of trash. We need to redefine the word hero.