Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oh this cat is driving me Nuts!!!!! >

Oh this cat is driving me Nuts!!!!!

Oh this cat is driving me Nuts!!!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 05:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kwhite
Oh you do not want to hear what the DH said to the suggestion of another kitten!!!!
Tell DH that your house is a democracy. Majority rules. And You, and both kitties vote for another kitten. 3 to 1, No contest, Shaddup and go sulk in a corner. He'll get glad in the same pants he got mad in. Eventually.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:59 AM

You will think I am mean...

I used to put lemon juice in the squirt bottle with my German Shepherd (God rest his soul!). He was a very stubborn "alpha" male type of dog and I tried everything to get him to listen. Lemon juice worked--very diluted, but worked.

He got squirted once in the eyes and he learned to fear that stupid squirt bottle. in fact, I could put it in a doorway and he wouldn't enter the room.

Rose Hall

Old 06-03-2009, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by kwhite
Oh you do not want to hear what the DH said to the suggestion of another kitten!!!!
Tell DH that your house is a democracy. Majority rules. And You, and both kitties vote for another kitten. 3 to 1, No contest, Shaddup and go sulk in a corner. He'll get glad in the same pants he got mad in. Eventually.
LOL Love the pants thing. The heck of it is that I am the one that did not want this kitten, but I am the one to stay home and referee the fights. Isn't it always the way. I might try the lemon juice. If I am not yelling at him and taking him to time out I am holding the old man cause he is either hiding or in my lap.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:11 AM

Celeste PM'd me and asked if I had seen this thread? I had not. DH and I have fostered 70 kitties and no two are the same and no two react the same to similar situations so I can't offer much help at all. I have a foster kitty named "Bunny" who is wild and supercharged at 10 months old. Her siblings were adopted but she decided she already had her forever home so on adoption day she hissed, spit, slapped and growled at anyone who gave her a second glance...big surprize, nobody was willing to take her home. At our house she is darling, sweet, wild and friendly. We also have an 8 year old kitty and a 4 year old kitty...the 8 year old doesn't want to be bothered but Bunny is super, super pesty and won't give up trying to get him to play with her. I have been unable to help our old guy until we got these last 3 foster babies last week ...now the little kittens are keeping Bunny busy and she Loves her babies and her babies Love her. They play and play and the older kitties don't have to worry about being pounced on, cut off at every turn or batted at anytime they walked within 20 feet of Bunny. Another kitty or two would probably help with the delema that you are faced with with your younger guy and old man.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-01-2019 at 02:43 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 06-03-2009, 09:21 AM

Thanks so much. I don't know what I will do. I have over $500.00 in this kitten since Oct and don't have a job, so another kitten is really out of the question. I will just have to find out what his favorite games are and become his new best pal so he will let the old man live out his last weeks in peace.

I have never had kittens so I don't really know how they play. It seems the brat is attacking the old man. I think it is more to do with the "killing the weak and sickly members to keep the health of the pack" but I might be all wet.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:45 AM

how about talking to your vet and seeing if he/she knows of another kitty you could adopt that is current on shots, etc. (no expenses)???

just a thought.
Rose Hall
Old 06-03-2009, 11:16 AM

Good idea Rose. I will talk to him.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
how about talking to your vet and seeing if he/she knows of another kitty you could adopt that is current on shots, etc. (no expenses)???

just a thought.
Rose Hall
KWhite:
I bet if you contacted an animal rescue they have kittens they would LOVE to have you foster...Kitties are players. Yes, it's a hunting play but they'll attack anything and they like anything that moves. A flashlight will wear them out faster than anything. They love to chase the light. A pheasant or ostrich feathers are something else our kitties love. The ostrich feathers are long so you can move it around and not worry about losing blood when they pounce on it. A sack of any kind or size is fair game for a kitty. They love to play in sacs and boxes. I found a tunnel at the $1.00 store that is about 2 1/2 feet long. I bought 2 of the tunnils, tied them together and that is our animal's favorite toy...big or little they have a blast playing in the tunnel. It's made out of the windbreaker nylon fabric with either heavy plastic or mine has wire rings like we use to use on our macrame projects. Easy to make if you can't find one in the $1 Store. I'll attache the picture as soon as my computer server gets through messing with me! :evil:

Kitty Tunnel from $1.00 Store. This picture is 2 tunnels tied together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35539[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-35539.jpe  
Old 06-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Power Poster

Hmmmm can you say kitty tranquilizers???? :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: I'm sorry but it is funny from this side of my monitor 8) 8) 8) However if I was in your shoes, I would probably be wanting to tear my hair out after a while :x :x :x
I think that some kittens are waaay more playfull than others and you have one that is off the scale! Are you sure he is not ADD/ADHD??? I swear that some animals are and that is why it takes more toys, exercise and human attention/interaction to get them to act more calm and well behaved.
That tunnel looks cute, maybe a ball on a string that hangs in the air for him to attack? How about one of the robotic vacuums that he could chase all over the house and attack....it would be a 3fer....clean floor, amused/busy kitty and happy old man :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-04-2009, 05:21 PM

Love love love the vacuume idea!!!! Kill two birds with one stone. It would be funny to me too if my old man wasn't so stressed out by this little bundle of energy. I was in the sewing room the other day trying to fold fabric and he would not let me. He is adorable but if I had lived a loooonnnngggg quiet life and was tormented in my own home in my last months of life I would be very upset. It is really like kitty elder abuse. I have not even seen the old man today yet at all. He hides now where he used to be right where you were. I feel really badly for him, but I think you all get that by now.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-01-2019 at 02:43 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps