Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oh this cat is driving me Nuts!!!!! >

Oh this cat is driving me Nuts!!!!!

Oh this cat is driving me Nuts!!!!!

Old 06-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Power Poster

maybe one of those toy cars that bumps against something...turns and goes and goes and goes....they even have ones that do not make much noise 8) Hey!!!! An Energizer Bunny Buddy for kitty to play with :D :D :D
Old 06-04-2009, 05:33 PM

Amma you mention ADHD for kitties. I don't know about that but a few years ago we did have a kitten for a short time that was actually mentally deficient. I had no idea animals could be handicapped like that but this little guy was. Boy was he a handfull. He had no coordination or depth perception. He was alwas running into something falling off something or missing something he was trying to get onto. He was very funny to watch and very timid. We had to get rid of him cause we have steps in our house and he could not deal with them at all. We gave him to a man who had a one level house. I really miss that little guy.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-01-2019 at 02:46 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

I know what you mean about a handicapped kitty. My DD brought home the Berman mix we now have. His eyesight is so bad he can't tell if he is sitting on my lap or my daughters. Not only that but he has no sense of smell. We have had two gerbils in the house for a week and he hasn't noticed. But he is really affectionate so I guess we can keep him. Silly cat.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:44 PM

Every night we would be sitting and hear "Thud" and we knew he would have tried to jump up on the chair pushed under the table and whacked his head on the underside of the table. He would leap way too early to try to get up the one step into the dining room and smack face first into the step. He jumped once from our bed to the open window and hit the screen so hard it popped out and he and the screen fell two stories to the grass in the back yard. He was just a mess. He would try to jump into your lap and overshoot your lap. He would look back in mid air as if to say "hey where are You going?"

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-01-2019 at 02:44 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 06-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ducky
I'm sorry, Kwhite, I don't have a solution....but I've gotten a good chuckle out of it. OMG, sometimes I think those animals know exactly what they're doing!!! I'm so sorry about your son and for the mental (and physical) anguish this kitten can cause. I used to have a cat that laid in wait for me (only me for some reason) to walk by a doorway so he could leap onto my ankle or leg. I became paranoid everytime I had to go to another room, so I literally walked around with a spray bottle. I referred to him as The Crazy Thing.
I had a doggone crazy lab, like your cat, Ducky!!! I used a spray bottle too, and I became quite paranoid to go outside. He was a mini horse size, and would jump dead in my chest. Finally had to give up, and gave him to someone that could train him, better than I could. All he learned from me was: mom has bottle, watch and wait
Mom doesn't have bottle...jump, bounce back, jump...bounce back....ugh!!! I missed him, when he was gone...for five minutes, lol!
no, it was hard, but, it was for the best...I was going flat!!! :wink:
Old 06-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gaigai
I had exactly this problem! I ended up going to petsmart and getting a kitten for my kitten. Sorry, that's the only option! Here's a photo of Bob riding Tuffy!
:lol: gai, that pic is Too funny...almost as funny as KW's fabric! :lol:

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-01-2019 at 02:44 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 06-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Power Poster

I read: he drops his pants like a dog sometimes! lol...
I know you don't find this funny,...bc I had an insane lab :? , named Bo...
but this thread is about to make the last little piggy of me...
I don't have to hide :roll: and tuck anymore...
i'm free, i'm free.... :lol: :wink:

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-01-2019 at 02:44 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:42 AM

My buddy he plays so hard I can't move his litter box still and he's also 7 months. hahahaha He waits till teh last minute to go potty and let me tell you the world can hear him go too, then when he's done he jumps out and starts running around again like a banshee. :lol:
Old 06-05-2009, 05:01 AM

I know what you mean,I just got a 3 year old Austrialn Sheaperd,to go with my two little 6 lbs 10 year old dogs. Well he was to be outside dog but he will have no part in that,wants to be right under me all the time. Poncho the little chuhuha,spelled wrong,,,and the yourky are so jelous. But they are comming around a little now. I just lucked out the Aussie,Stetson,just loves every one all pets too. But mostly he loves the cats,one I call Tucker who is black and white,Stetson is black brown and white,they just seam to really like each other,when we are out side I say where is Tucker,Stetson goes running to the barn to find is kitty. Stetson was a show dog and she was retiring him I plan to start him on agility see if he likes that. He has just fit right in with everyone,except Poncho,he hasn't been nutered,Stetson hadn't either,until this week,so once he gets to feeling better after surgery,I don't think Poncho will feel so intemadated now.I tried to put up a picture but for some reason I can't get pictures on here. If any one wants to see him,I might email you a picture. He is the most beautiful dog I ever saw.. Not to brag.Ha
Old 06-05-2009, 05:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kwhite
Amma you mention ADHD for kitties....
K, I had a cat like that. I swear he could fall UP stairs! The vet said that kittens whose mothers had distemper while they were pregnant sometimes had damage to their cerebellum. That's the part of the brain that controls coordination, depth perception, and your location in space. Tigger would stop walking with a foot in midair as if he forgot how to put it down, or what to move next. He was a great cat, and a real lover!

As far as the kitten attacking the older cat, part of it is asserting his rank (which he wants to be higher!) When the other cats started picking on one of my older, sick cats, I started feeding her Really good stuff all by herself with the others watching. I wouldn't let them have any until she was completely done. This seemed to help raise her status a little and helped (but not eliminated) the hazing. She started sticking close to me, cause she knew that if they tried to jump her, I would beat their butts. And yes, I do spank. Kids and animals if need be.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-01-2019 at 02:45 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps