OMG! Gas prices!

Old 02-25-2011, 08:53 AM

The crazy thing is that years ago we bought our first Honda Accord because the gas mileage was so good. Then we had a little Nissan that got even better----42- 50 MPG depending on where you were driving. Now people think 26 MPG is good----so why did we go backwards instead of forward? Europeans have huge price per gal and as a result they have great mass transit and value use of a bike to get wround town.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:52 AM

:( I wanna cry!!! This gas price junk is rediculous!!
Old 02-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mommafank
The crazy thing is that years ago we bought our first Honda Accord because the gas mileage was so good. Then we had a little Nissan that got even better----42- 50 MPG depending on where you were driving. Now people think 26 MPG is good----so why did we go backwards instead of forward? Europeans have huge price per gal and as a result they have great mass transit and value use of a bike to get wround town.
I haven't toured a whole lot of Europe but where I have it wasn't peddle bikes that were everywhere it was gas powered scooters.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:54 AM

Words of wisdom....that's what our family is doing. Still haven't used my Christmas gift cards to Joanne's, but I will soon. It is my understanding that price changes we see in a day or two reflects the cost the station will have to pay to replace the gas in his tank, Also Chavez (CITGO) has reneged and cancelled US orders for crude. ,,he is selling to China instead of fullfilling his orders to the US
Originally Posted by Painiacs
Wow. Better stock up on everything! ALL prices are going up! Clothes. Food. Pet supplies fabric!!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:38 AM

:cry: I filled my dodge ram pu and it was $104 !!!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by rexie
I don't understand why we can't use our own oil.
Because Congress/the President(s) have put a stop to any drilling on the reserves that we have due to environmental concerns. I know there are more reasons for it, but that's basically it without getting politically involved.

NOTE - I am not blaming the current administration or any particular person because this has been going on for years and years. This is the end of my politic talk - I have other message boards for that.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I stopped to fill up my car tonight about 9:30 pm. The clerk told me to be sure and fill it full as the price was going up at midnight. And will probably be $4 a gallon in a few weeks. :-(
Here in England i've just done a currency convertion and ours is going to the equivelent to $10.54, a gallon,now that's a lot of money, so could you send us some please,
Old 02-25-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by redkimba
Because Congress/the President(s) have put a stop to any drilling on the reserves that we have due to environmental concerns. I know there are more reasons for it, but that's basically it without getting politically involved.

NOTE - I am not blaming the current administration or any particular person because this has been going on for years and years. This is the end of my politic talk - I have other message boards for that.
Everyone seems to forget----it will run out one day--it is not a renewable resourse so we must look for alternatives if we care about our future generations.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:32 PM

ours went up to 3.35 not sure what it will be tomorrow it is going up so fast!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by mommafank
Originally Posted by redkimba

Everyone seems to forget----it will run out one day--it is not a renewable resourse so we must look for alternatives if we care about our future generations.
so true....there are people that use used oil from fast food joints and restraunts for their converted vehicles...i say thats the way to go....just don't know how much it would be to convert the vehicle to be able to take used oil