Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Online Going Out of Business Sale Cautionary Tale >

Online Going Out of Business Sale Cautionary Tale

Online Going Out of Business Sale Cautionary Tale

Old 07-31-2011, 07:38 PM

Thank you. I didn't this service is available for a check that cleared almost two months ago. I will call them today.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:21 AM

thats a shame, I hope it all works out.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:20 AM

Good luck - hope you can get your money back ! It's a shame when something like that happens. Really makes you "gun-shy" doesn't it ?!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by quiltpd
Good luck - hope you can get your money back ! It's a shame when something like that happens. Really makes you "gun-shy" doesn't it ?!
Yes it does but I still have faith and I will shop til my heart and pockets are content in the future at these palces BUT I'm going to be smarter about it. I got a big box of fabric in the mail today and I thought it might be from that store but it wasn't. I was disappointed but still hopeful...
Old 08-02-2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sienna's GiGi
I am feeling some kind of way today... I ordered a bunch of stuff from a LQS that is going out of business online. I got the first order with no problems. I even chatted with the owner several times and expressed sympathy for the store closing and the reasons that led up it. I then placed another order on the 1st of June. The check cleared on the 12th of June (I am deployed so mail can take forever.) I got back to work on the 1st of July and no package. I emailed the store on the 16th of July thinking an oversight or something may have delayed my package and I get no response. I wrote again on the 27th and again no response. I even went to the postmaster where I am and was told that there were no delays in the mail since the end of May. I have not been able to contact this person and they have quite a bit of my money. I have this awful feeling in the pit of my stomach that the money and the shop is gone and there is nothing I can do about it. I am hoping and praying that the person would do the right thing and return my money or send me my merchandise. This is the first time that I have ever paid with a check and not Paypal for quilt related items. I didn't use Paypal at the time because the site was blocked (government computers) and it would be some time before I would have been able to load my acct with the required funds because I was leaving the country on vacation. I will never do it again by check. The moral of this story is to be very careful when dealing with online going out of business sales when paying by check. Funny thing is I'm mad at myself for being so trusting in this day and age and in this economy.
****UPDATE*****

The store owned finally contacted me to say that my order is in the mail and I got an apology. I feel so much better. Thanks for your prayers, thoughts, comments, and suggestions. ~GiGi