Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Opinions Please on  Washing Machine >

Opinions Please on Washing Machine

Opinions Please on Washing Machine

Old 07-21-2011, 07:07 AM

My personal preference is Maytag. Top loader because over time the front loaders will leak around the seal. Don't buy the most expensive or cheapest but buy a middle priced one that has most of what you want in a machine.
IdahoSandy
Old 07-21-2011, 07:56 AM

Love my front load washer & dryer. I think our clothes come our cleaner - and that buzzer, well it seems to go off in no time. And it will hold six pairs of jeans!!! The dryer is awesome. Doesn't take long to do the laundry anymore.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:04 AM

Purchased a Kenmore (Whirlpool made) top loaded. It is a big washer that supposedly can wash 15 bath towels. It uses less water and it is recommended that once the load is started, you do not open the lid (to add forgotten pieces of dirty laundry) otherwise the washer will re-set the water level. Mine has the agitator because it was one of my requirements.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:14 AM

I have a Whirlpool front loader and matching dryer. My main complaint is that there is no soak cycle. It does take forever to wash but the nice thing is that my clothes are dry before the washer finishes. My dryer does n ot cool down as it should.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Sassylass
I have thought of the new front loaders but have heard they take a long time to wash. I was wondering what your opinion of them is. Do you have one? Would you buy again? Do they get the clothes clean?

Thank you for your help in advance.

We have the Amana model NFW2700tw front loader and dryer and they do not take any longer as a matter of fact it even has a quick wash on it and it only takes like 24 minutes when set on that .Regular wash is 54 minutes and all depends too on the soil choice on ours as to how long it is .If a load is unbalanced it will take longer because it will start then stop and start again that usually only happens when there are either a good load of towels or jeans on there. If you watch sales at Home Depot you can get a good price on the pair.Hope this helps.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:24 AM

I have a Whirlpool Duet set and I love it!! It gets my clothes very clean, it doesn't seem to take any longer to wash than any other machine. The only drawback is the dryer as it doesn't keep the permanent press from wrinkling, like other dryer's I have had.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:49 AM

My front loader is wonderful. I have a maytag. I will never go back to a top load. Bigger loads, cleaner loads, uses only the amount of water it needs so you don't need to set the water level, uses less soap, all around a winner!!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:54 AM

I have a big LG front loader and matching dryer...love them! Not a speck of trouble in 5+ years...just run a clean cycle regularly to keep the washer smelling fresh. :thumbup:
Old 07-21-2011, 10:29 AM

i am thiking of buying a new one and will read the posts , but one thing i thought of is i sometimes throw something in at the last minute and with a front loader you cant do that , a friend of mone that has a front loader does comment on how long it takes to do laundry
Old 07-21-2011, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by meanmom
I recently got a new frontloader. Love it. Yes some of the cycles take longer. The whitest white cycle is 2 hours. The normal cycle is only slightly longer than my old machine. Maybe 5 minutes. As I was folding the first load I did in it i noticed how much cleaner they were. My DH has worked in the sun his whole life. Now has spots of skin cancer. He has to wear long sleeved shirts all the time. He prefers dress shirts. He is a landscaper and they get gross dirty. Huge ring around the colar and wrists. They actually come clean without pretreating. Some of the dirt had been there for a long time. Love it.
What brand did you buy? Everyone please include this information :)