Other Crafting hobbies??

Old 11-07-2010, 06:01 PM

I like to woodcarve have been doing it for over ten years, Do gardening, flower arranging making jewlery. Use to love bicycle riding. In 1984 pedaled a bicycle from California to Delaware, any cross country bike riders out there?
Old 11-07-2010, 06:21 PM

Wow there are some very, very crafty and talented people on this board. I would like to say I feel very deficient since I only quilt and crochet. In another life I would love to work with wood. But my body ran out of get-up-and-go very early. drat. But maybe the next life wiil be my wood working, marketry life. I admire you all.
:D
Old 11-07-2010, 06:48 PM
pal

I make dolls and stuffed animals - that's what I love to do.

Also making animals out of wood and painting them, hand embroidery, and picking out fabrics. I don't have to buy the fabrics, but thoroughly enjoy looking at them and "pairing" them.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:53 PM

I do things until I get bored with it or really learn to do it well and then I lose interest. There's not much I haven't tried over the years.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:49 PM

Photography is my all time favorite past time then quilting. I have done crocheting (made many, many afghans), primitive painting (dishes - my own designs), home staging, antique hunting, I find pieces of furniture I want replicated and dear hubby makes them then 'we' finish them and sell or give as gifts, gardening, canning, baking, love to cook and always trying new recipes and am in the middle of putting together a family cookbook, reading anything on health and exercise, I'm a walker/runner and do charity walks, I'm also a part time contractor. Yes, I do construction work with hubby (we own our own business). I swing a mean hammer! I'm very colonial and primitive and always looking for ways to design/redesign rooms in our home. My favorite room we designed is our living room - Americana. The pics attached are of some of the things I have done - the hutch hubby made, the dishes on it I designed and painted, the pie safe hubby made for our son and DL in NY for a Christmas gift and the living room is ours which I designed. I made the mantle cover and we refaced the fireplace with NY field stone. I get bored easily and always looking for new things to try. I guess that is one advantage of quilting - you can make so many different things and always use your own creativity designing.

Hutch hubby made - the dishes I designed and painted
[ATTACH=CONFIG]121398[/ATTACH]

Our living room I did the designing on. We refaced the fireplace which was modern marle - we used NY state field stone. I made the mantle cover to match my Americana layout.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]121399[/ATTACH]

Pie safe hubby made for Son & DL in NY as Christmas gift.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]121400[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-121393.jpe   attachment-121394.jpe   attachment-121395.jpe  
Old 11-07-2010, 09:01 PM

I love doing anything crafty. I used to do a lot of counted cross stitch and crocheting but not as much now that I am into quilting but I haven't given them up. I am also a painter in oils and watercolor . I used to make a lot of clothes including wedding gowns for both my daughters but that too has mostly gone by the wayside. There just are not enough hours in the day.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:31 PM

I am a cloth doll artist (art dolls, not p lay dolls)
Old 11-07-2010, 11:41 PM

Hand embroidery, hand ribbon embroidery, cross stitch,
making jewelry, making tissue boxes and bowls on embroidery machine,and making some different craft projects.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:46 PM

Besides quilting? Hmmm, I paint ceramics, crochet a little, drawing, writing, photography....

Old 11-08-2010, 02:32 AM

I knit some,crochet( not for a long time but should finish project started years ago) and cross stitch, but mostly I quilt.