Other Crafts

Old 10-18-2011, 06:10 AM
Banned

you sound like most of us...keep on doing what you do...
Old 10-18-2011, 06:26 AM

Oh My! I love to sew; I don't hand quilt but love machine quilting including FMQ! Small projects are my forte though (purses/wall hangings etc). I knit (poorly) crochet (a bit better), machine needle felt, machine embroidery, bead and love to make jewelry! I also make things to sell through my church's gift shop including paper crafted items, beaded bookmarks, jewelry and lots lots more.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:30 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Yeppers I crochet, make dolls & their clothes, but then I also make things for the "gemstones" we find while out rock hounding like necklaces, earrings. I do some scrapbooking for the grands, they love to see what we do when they are not around !LOL
I sew the grands outfits, along with the oldest DD (she is a vest person!!LOL)
Old 10-18-2011, 06:49 AM

I quilt, sew, crosstich, hand embroidery and any other craft I see that looks interesting,
Old 10-18-2011, 08:06 AM

I like to do tons more, but I definatley go in streaks... most recently I am coming off of a cross-stitch kick. I finished one 11x14 birth announcement for my baby (due pretty soon!), then I felt guilty that I hadn't ever made one for my 1st child, so I am finishing one for him. I have totes that seperate what crafting kick I am currently in. Thankfully I have a very understanding hubby as well!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:52 AM

I like all crafts and alternate doing whatever I feel like at the time.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:00 AM

I have just learned to quilt but I still do all kinds of crafts. Especially with Christmas on the way.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:48 AM

About 25 years ago I started making family calendars every Christmas for parents & grandparents. I use photos I've taken throughout the year; family get togethers & trips, etc. Then blow them up to 8 x 10 and double mat them on colors, and mount on pre-purchased calendars. They are the last gift to be opened each Christmas & everyone wants to see what photos 'made the calendar'. It is a family tradition now.

As the grandkids got older, it became clear that everyone wanted one but I was already making 9 calendars for 3 different branches of the family so I switched it up to scrapbooks for the grandkids (my nieces and nephews). About 5 years ago I gave them each a 12" x 12" scrap book with 2 pages per year starting when they were each born. It took a few years to catch up to present day... Still have a few holes to fill in. I use the calendar photos in 4" x 6" and scrapbook two 12" x 12'' pages with the year to add to their books. The parents & grandparents that are still around get the calendars and they are a family treasure. When my husband's grandma passed 9 years ago, she left her calendars to us so I got to look back at those wonderful memories of trips to visit her in Tennessee.

With digital cameras, the price has gone down to make them. Now you can send away to have these printed for you but I still like the mounting process and the photo look. I do all the printing myself now and start in September in hopes that I will not be rushing at the end but enevitably, I'm still scrapbooking days before Christmas... This year I will be starting books for my kids, the youngest of the 'grandkids'.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by ImSvd1
Does everybody on here do quilting only or do you do other crafts also? I get in moods where all I want to do is crochet, or cross stitch and won't even think of quilting for months. Then, I will suddenly want to only sit at my sewing machine and forget housework, cooking and everything else in the world. :shock:
CROCHETING,AND MAKING LITTLE AND BIG KIDS PJ'S,AND DOG SWEATER,COATS,BEDS.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:02 AM

i don't crochet or knit. i do wood/wreaths/fabric albums and boxes when i want to craft. i make quilting baskets using embroidery. however, i haven't been crafting much since working on christmas projects.