Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Patterns for LuLaRoe look alike shirts and kiminos >

Patterns for LuLaRoe look alike shirts and kiminos

Patterns for LuLaRoe look alike shirts and kiminos

Old 02-07-2017, 07:15 PM

Default Patterns for LuLaRoe look alike shirts and kiminos

Hi. I love LuLaRoes shirt tunics and the kimono tops but cannot afford to buy very many. Have any of you seen any patterns for the shirts or jackets?
Also when using knits to make these could I just use an overlock stitch on my machine?
Thanks
Old 02-08-2017, 12:17 AM
Power Poster

I don't know but the patterns do not seem hard. Please when you find out share what you learned. I know it is an expensive habit. I would think you could alter existing patterns. I know I would love to change some things about their clothes.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:24 AM
Power Poster

I googled and found this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...531e9bc52a6aec

There are several links on this page.
http://www.themilliondollarmama.com/...e-but-cheaper/

These prices are so good it is cheaper then buying material and making it.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 02-08-2017 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:27 AM

Check nancy notions I remember seeing this at her weekend retreat last year, check out her video. Check ebay to see what you find.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:34 AM

I am not a "name" shopper, so I went to the website......ah, those basic patterns are easily available..I think it's the wild prints and combos that "make" it different...could be fun trying to duplicate "that" new look! Since it appears most are spandex type, whatever stitch for that kind of fabric that is recommended by your machine mfgr would be appropriate....jmho
Old 02-09-2017, 04:27 PM

I love LuLa Roe. i can only afford a few pieces. I do love their leggings. You can wear them all day and they don't get baggy on your legs. Some of their legging are a little bit too crazy for my taste. I think I am too old to wear a lot of them. (I also don't like print pattern pants on anyone) I do love several of their other things. A good place to get the longer tops is Zulily. I just got 3 from them for $14.99/each. The only problem with Zulily is they don't accept returns. I have also gotten several from Macy's online. I didn't see them in the store. I can return those to the store.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I am not a "name" shopper, so I went to the website......ah, those basic patterns are easily available..I think it's the wild prints and combos that "make" it different...could be fun trying to duplicate "that" new look! Since it appears most are spandex type, whatever stitch for that kind of fabric that is recommended by your machine mfgr would be appropriate....jmho
I agree, Geri. I think you could find the basic patterns in any pattern book. It may be hard to find the fabrics though.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:33 PM

Look at Love Notions Patterns, there is a Facebook group too that has a code in the file section that lets you have the Laundry Day Tee pattern free. There is lots of cute patterns and very reasonable. The group is super helpful and there is tons of fitting information available. I really like the patterns and support. Check them out. PM me if you need help finding them.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

http://www.itsalwaysautumn.com/2016/..._a5y_p=5136595

I just took a quick look but here is one that seems to teach you how to make your own patterns. This is good as it is based on your body type. I think all you need is a basic shirt that fits good and you go from there to make your own clothes.