Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Pay it Forward disappointment >

Pay it Forward disappointment

Pay it Forward disappointment

Old 08-02-2011, 10:13 AM

Not sure if you have a military base locally but if so just for future reference to everyone - you can take the info to the base office and they will attempt to locate the soldier. I did that with items from my grandfather. We live MacDill AFB.
--------------------------------------------------
Sadly, our long time Castle Air Force Base closed in the 90s.
And I spent a lot of time going through all the pictures and letters, which unfortunately had no envelopes with return addresses on them. After 50 or so years it was just too much to try to find someone with a rather common name of Smith..one of my aunts married a Smith and she said they almost had to carry a marriage license with them when checking into hotels!!!
Should I find more papers in my late DH's still uncleaned out small outbuilding den, I'd take them to a local VFW and see if they could have some luck with them. That is, if there were no numbers or addresses and they weren't common names with litterly millions of people with the same one.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:45 AM

We taught our children to forward acts of kindness, and accept/expect nothing back in payment. So in PIF, and in due time, it multiplys its self back to you.

An Air Force buddy found my husband last month; they have not had contact since service days of 1969. Now they have email and addresses exchanged. Never is a long time; surprises are just around the next corner!!
Old 08-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Linda71
I emailed her and offered to send her the book.
You OFFERED! No PIF required.