Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
People you meet on quilting boards >

People you meet on quilting boards

People you meet on quilting boards

Old 10-27-2011, 02:21 PM

I have 2 awesome connections! Today I found a cousin. We learned via the ancestor story thread here that Daniel Boone is a 5-greats uncle to each of us.

A few years ago I met a woman on another quiilt list who wanted someone to help her daughter who was moving to our area. The first time I met her (the daughter) I thought she and my son were perfect for each other. Then I got to meet my quilty friend, and we became offline friends as well. Then the kids got married!! No this isn't a fairytale!

I would love to hear how others met wonderful friends on quilting boards, or on the internet generally.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:26 PM

I met a woman from my little town on here and we've gotten together several times to do lunch and fabric hunt. Today while I was at my gyno's office I met her daughter. She's the receptionist and saw my name on the list and asked if I knew her mother. Truly a small world!
Old 10-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Power Poster

i got to chatting with a woman online and discovered she was my son-in-laws aunt in a different state
Old 10-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Power Poster

ha, ha. I'm related to Becky Bryan who married Daniel Boone!
Old 10-27-2011, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by VaNella
I have 2 awesome connections! Today I found a cousin. We learned via the ancestor story thread here that Daniel Boone is a 5-greats uncle to each of us.

A few years ago I met a woman on another quiilt list who wanted someone to help her daughter who was moving to our area. The first time I met her (the daughter) I thought she and my son were perfect for each other. Then I got to meet my quilty friend, and we became offline friends as well. Then the kids got married!! No this isn't a fairytale!

I would love to hear how others met wonderful friends on quilting boards, or on the internet generally.
We must be distant cousins! Daniel Boone is one of our ancestors as well, on my mothers side This is cool. We are also kin to Johnny Chapman, aka Johnny Appleseed on my dads side. :)
Old 10-27-2011, 02:44 PM

No way!!! This is genetic for sure.

Originally Posted by nativetexan
ha, ha. I'm related to Becky Bryan who married Daniel Boone!
Old 10-27-2011, 02:46 PM

Wowee! How fun! I am such a fan of Johnny Appleseed. There is a statue of him at my college (Duke) and I go talk to him every time I visit.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:10 PM

I, too, am related to Becky Bryan. Her older brother, William Bryan, is my 6 great granddad. He married Mary Boone, Daniel Boone's sister. It was at their (William and Mary) wedding that Daniel Boone met his future wife, Becky Bryan. So you and I must be some kind of cousins, etc.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Power Poster

he, he. that would be fun wouldn't it? not unbelieveable at all. looking at family tree charts, they really do spread out quickly. So who knows?
I keep saying all the people in the world are related and to get over being mad at each other, we are all family.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:19 PM

I met Grma33 on here. She lives in a small town not far from me. We have shared books and patterns, shopping trips and lunches out. Quilting is more fun now that I have someone to share with who enjoys it as much as I do.